What are the countries that you already visited?

@SM:Comme l’a dit Onc’Kamel, je suis sûr que tu serais la bienvenue en Tunisie par exemple, si un jour tu te décides à refaire la tournée d’Ibn Battouta!:lol:

Par contre, pour mun911, je ne vois pas pourquoi à part des raisons d’ordre politique entre l’Inde et le Pakistan (Kachemir) qui pourraient te faire dire cela.
Moi, je trouve l’Inde très riche en culture et plein d’aventures à vivre.
Lors de mon voyage à Oman, j’ai un peu cotoyé ce presque continent, ses gens, ses traditions, ses saveurs, ses épices et je peux vous dire que ça vaut vraiment la peine de s’y rendre. Et puis, y a aussi l’émission TV “Pekin Express” qui m’a fait découvrir encore d’autres magies dans le pays des Maharajas et de la vache sacrée…:wink:

ok let me explain… what i meant was that when i went to India Twice for my uncle weddings ( by the way they are Indians ) the country failed to impress me… poor hygiene, pollution not the image i had in mind when i was going there.No doubt they do have a rich culture as medjri pointed out but dont get carried away with “Aflam Hindi” as they don’t really portray the correct image.

Well this is my point of view it does not have to do with Pakistan VS India stuff. i know one day i have to go to india to visit my relative there. when i do i will have my fingers crossed :flag: lol

:yuck:

My sister likes indian movies very much! She decided to go to India in May because of her love for this culture, but she was so disappointed!:hm:

but there must be at least some beautiful places there… :wink:

Ya you can just get more information trough a very good website, www.incredibleindia.org

I would suggest people to visit Malaysia (truly asia) … i am 102% percent sure you wont get disappointed. there is tons of places to visit to from HI Tech capital kuala lumpur to the crystal clear beach’s of Penang. Malaysia is very rich in culture to, with different ethnic background Malay, Chinese and not to forget Indians… :okay:

Thanks for the link :smiley:

I’m adding Malaysia to the countries I want to visit :wink:

Ibn Battuta (1304-1368)

Arab traveller born in Tangier. In 1325, he went on an extraordinary 120,675-km/75,000-mi journey via Mecca to Egypt, East Africa, India, and China, returning some 30 years later. During this journey he also visited Spain and crossed the Sahara to Timbuktu. The narrative of his travels, The Adventures of Ibn Battuta, was written with an assistant, Ibn Juzayy.

It would be cool if some one made a documentary on this. :cool:

It’s sure that not everything in his books is true, there are even people thinking he has never lived or that all his journeys have only been in his head.

Let’s see o cause I’ve been to Germany and than there are: Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Czech republic, Slovenia (just passing thru), Croatia, Bulgaria, Greece, Norway, USA, Canada and Morocco.

Nuwwara, its not so easy to come up with so much information about certain civilisations by just sitting home and making them up, im pretty sure he actually DID go out there and travel… they weren’t merely fairytales…

i’m quite boring in terms of travelling, i’ve only been to Turkey, Malaysia (passing through), Thailand (passing through) and currently living in Australia :wink:

Assalamu alaikum

Places I have lived at least one year, America, Italy, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Viet Nam, Singapore. Places I have visited, Algeria, Morocco, England, France, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Malaysia, Thailand, Norway, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, Taiwan, China, Indonesia, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, Luxembourg, Norway, Philippines and Australia.

Many of these places I have spent extended time in, that is greater than two months. I do not like visiting a country without spending more than a few days, and I almost never visit what I call tourist traps, that is where most tourists go. I like to meet locals and have them guide me to things to see and do.

Yes, Ibn Battuta was Moroccan and his travels have been well documented. Among historians there is little controversy that his vast journey’s were authentic.

Oh, it’s a hard question. There is a lot of non-sense in his report about the journey. I also don’t believe that he hasn’t existed at all, maybe he put some information he heard in his report. Or it’s put together from different travellers what they have visited. But is not impossible, that there was somebody sitting in Tanger or some where else an listened to the reports of the travellers and what they tell about the journeys of other people.

Assalamu alaikum

I suppose it all depends on what one is willing to accept. As I stated, historians are quite favorable to Ibn Battuta and his accounts. A few years ago National Geographic, a monthly journal on the world, which has been published for over 100 years, did an extended article on Ibn Battuta which was very interesting. Although I have traveled extensively, as have my children, I am envious of his escapades and would love to travel as he did. In all honestly, however, Ibn Battuta underwent many hardships in his travels, suffering sickness, being jailed and bankruptcy.

Assalamu alaikum,

I have been to the following countries:

Canada
Morocco
USA
Germany
Holland/Netherlands
France
England
Italy

Serbia
Italy