wa9ef w wa9ila

what do they mean?

wa9ef : standing (person/animal), stopping (bus/watch), depending on (someone’s help)

wa9ila : maybe, perhaps, i think, i guess
literally : wa + 9ila = & it has been said/narrated that…

owwwww that makes sense, l3azz a PeanutButter :smiley:

what would peanutbutter be in darija?
asks a native…

MBC2 says it’s “zubdat al fusto9” i.e zzebda dyal pistash

i am a peanut butter freak. u dont understand. i eat pry a jar a week.

the little that i found in either maroc ou masr was labelled: zibt fol sudani hhhh love that

but then i eventually found something BETTER than peanut butter, and it made me fall in love:

[center][large]!!!AMLOU!!![/large][/center]

and thats awesome the explanation for wa9ila i never thought about it before and now it all makes sense!!!

waaaaa im peanut butter crazy tooooooo, i like putting honey over it though, and with toast yummmy

[quote=achminfar9]the little that i found in either maroc ou masr was labelled: zibt fol sudani hhhh love that

but then i eventually found something BETTER than peanut butter, and it made me fall in love:

[center][large]!!!AMLOU!!![/large][/center]
[/quote]
Zebdat al fool soudani ?!!

fool soudani = kawkaw & Amlou is made of kawkaw, as far as i know Amlou is made of kawkaw…
mmmmm that makes sense !..& makes a smell too :ym:

I was going to comment on the zibt word too.
I never new foul soudani in masri stands for kawkaw in maghrebi :no:

we never ever say zzbeda dial pistache, it just would sound plain ridiculous… at least to me… and when I say “we”, I mean myself, in all modesty…

Ach, you freaking mind reader, I actually came to the forum today with the intention to mention amlou… Guess what? we turn your peanut butter into amlou, ask me how!
Alright, let me tell you… from my own experience… Here in Morocco, we do not have that peanut butter thing sold in jars and stuff. So when someone brings it from elsewhere, we turn it into amlou by adding OIL and HONEY (or sugar) to it, so make it more liquid… because we Moroccans do not spread it on bread (tartiner), we spread bread all over it hhhhhhh no seriously, we ghemmess in practically everything… Now find an English word for ghemmess

PB, I think good amlou is made out of llouz, almonds

ummmm louz wzeit argan m3aloum

nom nom nom (the sound i make eating it hhhhhh)

doesnt it just mean 2 eat with ur hands or to dig in za3ma

:blink: :blink: :blink:

ooookkkkaaaaaayyyyy theeeeeeen

yes amlou is made of llouz but poor ppl can make it from kawkaw when the price of llouz is so high
but the authentic amlou is always made of llouz + 3sel + zit argan

and ghemmes??

lalla what r u :blink::blink: ing @??

@ your nom nom nom

you seem passionate about whatever you’re eating, take it easy

if u tried it. u would know. and u would push me out of the way. so that you could nom nom.

i went to a shop in rabat one time they crushed the louz right there, add the zeit argan, then you pick which kind of 3asl baladi you want in it or ma2soos it was like my paradise until they kicked me out hhh

hhhhhhh so that i could nom nom?

first of all, i hope you’re chewing on it with your mouth shut coz i HATE when ppl eat with their mouths open
secondly, if it tastes like peanut butter i would definitely be shoving u away and start munching on it
thirdly, “until they kicked me out” made me laugh like this --> “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaa”
fourthly, the end.

once of all, sometimes the bite is too big cuz its too delicious and u have 2 nom nom 4 a minute to get it down 2 a manageable size okaaaay

twice of all ur laugh game…kinna :S

:no: :no: :no:

laugh game??? kinna ???

[small]ok.[/small]