veggie recipes

Salaam!

I would like any and all vegan (vegetarian, no milk/eggs) Moroccan recipes you have! I have some excellent tagine recipes, but I’m interested in knowing what other delicacies can be made :smiley: Tenmîrt :slight_smile:

This recipe is really delicious :okay:

Moroccan spiced roast squash and chickpeas with minted onions Recipe

Ingredients:

8 tbsp olive oil
150g (5½oz) cherry tomatoes
2 410g (14½oz) tins chickpeas, drained
2 red chillis, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
4 star anise
3cm (1 in) cube fresh
ginger, grated
3 onions, peeled, halved and finely sliced
juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves

Directions:

Cut the squash into wedges and peel each one. Put them into a roasting-tin in which they can lie in a single layer with enough room for the tomatoes later. Season and drizzle with 5 tbsp olive oil. Turn the pieces over with your hands, making sure they get covered in oil. Put in an oven preheated to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 and roast for 20 minutes.

Take the tin out of the oven and add the tomato, chickpeas, chilli, garlic, star anise and ginger.

Turn everything around to distribute the flavourings and get the tomatoes covered in oil. Put the tin back in the oven and roast for a further 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes and squash are tender and slightly singed in places.

Put 3 tbsp olive oil in a frying-pan and cook the onions over a medium heat until they are soft, about 10 to 12 minutes. Season then turn up the heat to brown the onions. Finally, stir in the lemon juice and mint.

Serve the roast vegetables with the onions strewn over the top. Couscous is great on the side. If you think some people will want it hotter, you could serve a little bowl of harissa loosened with a splash of boiling water.

Enjoy :smiley: