translation SVP :)

Would like a translation of this phrases…

Coverstion 1 :

Y: ha hay 3la Salma … BSSAHA O RAHA
CHAFTEK B3INNNNNNEE RAHMA …

S: cheti daba khtek 3lach 9ada lol yak sma3tini fhamtini…

Y: sma3tek…

conversation 2:

choufi hadak li mourak 3la choyfat dayr…

conversation 3:

Khasek chi mise à jour lol rak bdeti tenssa

p.s I speak french also if its easier for you to translate in french thanks :slight_smile: or Merci :slight_smile:

Hello el_chapin. Mr7ba! Please feel free to introduce yourself in the new members section. We’d love to know a bit about you.

[quote]Coverstion 1 :

Y: ha hay 3la Salma … BSSAHA O RAHA
CHAFTEK B3INNNNNNEE RAHMA …

S: cheti daba khtek 3lach 9ada lol yak sma3tini fhamtini…

Y: sma3tek…[/quote]
There is a sitcom on Moroccan TV this past Ramadan, and a guy used to use these expressions a lot. And like usual, people end up using them too… as a trend. Anyways, a small background: The sitcom is about a man and his nephew who have what we call in Islam “a bad eye”. Do you know what that is?

Anyways, here is an approximative translation:

Y: Welcome back. Wow, that’s nice. I am not looking at you with a bad eye.
S: See what I am able to do? LOL Did you hear me? Did you understand me?
Y: I heard ya.

The parts about the bad eye, and “hearing and understanding” are the lines from the sitcom.

[quote]conversation 2:

choufi hadak li mourak 3la choyfat dayr…[/quote]
Look at that guy behind you. He is looking you in such a way…

[quote]conversation 3:

Khasek chi mise à jour lol rak bdeti tenssa[/quote]
You need an update LOL. You’re starting to forget.

I hope that this will help.

Thank you very much SimplyMoroccan chukran! :slight_smile:

I have lots of Moroccan friends and they speak al kinds of stuff all the time. I just like to understand once in a wile. hi hi :smiley:

I speak English, French, Spanish fluently a bit of Hebrew and understand but don’t speak Portuguese and Italian but unfortunately my Arabic is not very good lol!

Maybe I’ll get better with time (inchallah)

p.s Moroccans are one of the friendliest people in the world. Deeds speak more then words ever can. :wink:

For the evil eye I know what you are talking about. I think in arabic country’s they use the hand of fatima to cancel the evil eye.

In israel the amulet is called a hamza (five in arabic) and in hebrew the evil eye is caled the “ayin hara”. Also a red string on the left wrist can protect you from the ayin hara.

Thanks alot once more.

Ma salam!
Bye!
Asta luego!
au revoir!
Shalom ve lehitraot!

You’re welcome :).
So you’re not Moroccan? It’s good to understand what your friends say, and it’s better to throw in a few Moroccan expressions from time to time ;), you’ll have them impressed.

And yeah, I meant the evil eye. The use of the hand of Fatima is just a superstition, and it’s not recommended by religion.

See you around.

SM ma3endi manssalek