translation of song titles...

Ddwwar refers to a neighborhood in a rural area. Actually, it’s more of a community…
And the song says:
Remember how you used to be
O you athirst one
The day you came from your village
You spoke like a countryside girl
Oh yeah

ooooh…:smiley: a bit strange as a text…hihi thanks a lot shukran gazilan

Gazilan eeeeh? :smiley: You switched to Egyptian? :smiley:
The song is about a girl who is being ungrateful to a man, so he reminds her how she used to be a “simple” girl.

ooooh sometimes i like to say something in other languages…hihihi :rofl: aah…thnks again it’s not that bad the meaning of the song…:smiley: i like Said Rami…:ok:

:smiley: Thank you SimplyMoroccan, choukran bzef and smeh liya, i didn’t realise you were a ‘her’ lol. I apologise, as you can tell I don’t use this site that often, I should pay more attention. Thank you so much for those song titles though, you are very helpful.

Avatar Zwina :^^: I promise I will use this site more and get down to some real language practise lol, I think maybe if I try the exercises once every week and learn new vocab, it would be a good idea. I haven’t been spending any time learning new darija words lately, but there’s no time like the present. :ok:

thella frasayek et Eid Mubarak

No problem, Myriam. :slight_smile:

Another detail: Your conjugation must follow the gender thing as well ;).

Sm7î liyyâ for feminine, instead of sm7 liyyâ.
T-hllay frâsk for feminine, instead of t-hllâ frâsk.

You’re welcome to join for the exercises :), so see you there.

[quote=sarahzina2]oooh yes!!! :hap: and i got most of the words by listening,except “ed-dwwar” but as for the meaning it’s not all clear…

thank youuuuuuuu SM[/quote]
The meaning of Ed-dwar is the neighborhood, subdivsion…