The ugliest Darija word

The topic about your most favorite darija word inspired me to ask you about the Darija words that you HATE the most. For learners, maybe you hate a word that you find hard to pronounce. Let us know about it.

As for me, there is a word I hate like hell. It’s an ugly ugly word. But I am sorry, I can’t tell you about it… It’s a bad word :hm:.

i think my ugliest darija word would have to be a very very very bad word so i cant say it hehe ,
but the rest of you can just keep looking in your mental dictionary of bad words and guess what it is …:wink:

All bad words are ugly, so they are ugly because they are bad…

Philosophy of ugly/bad words :okay: I guess that finishes the worst words of darija bulletin boards.

I don’t know if they are the same in Darija, but here are some Arabic words which gave me difficulties yesterday:

???
???
Know, the second one is ok, but the first one is still hard to pronounce (3 consonants in a row that don’t exist in French) :o

(But I do not hate it)

@ Salmaaa90 : But I didn’t say “only bad words are ugly”, so the thread still alive :stuck_out_tongue:

@ klowj : You must do exercices about pronouciation :wink:

I’m not too bat with pronunciation :slight_smile: Maybe you’ll be able to hear by yourself some time in the future :smiley:
I already overpass my difficulty with the two words I wrote!!! Statistics (iHSâ2iyat) was hard too, but it’s ok now

Kdja, isn’t your second word also about SIX consonants in row? :hap:
Don’t you like easy words like mâmâ or 2abî? :smiley:

I love easy words :smiley: But unfortunately, I cannot do my oral presentation using only easy words… :frowning:

Well the second word has 6 consonants, but at least in MSA there are harakaat between them. So it’s “sanataHaddath(u)”. Quite long… but at least, except “H” everything exists in English…

So it’s OK, you can read them, but just in the first time they seem a little bit complicatedd, it happens to me too when it’s about French or English, and even Arabic sometimes, rare times :^^: I can’t wait to hear a non-Arabic speaking Arabic, I hear them only on TV :stuck_out_tongue:

Some very classical Arabic words are complicated, by in my day-to-day life I don’t have any problems with Arabic. But I would when it comes to languages other than my mother tongue.
I remember that back in secondary school, a classmate of mine always had a hard time writing “nastantij” in math reasoning, since when writing a word she leaves the dots until the end, so she ends up messing up Ts and Ns with S :lol:.

Kdja, you can record yourself for us if you want to! :D.

It would be my kind to do that too… :smiley:

I’ll see what I can do…

I don’t like people to call a “SAT”. I just hate it and that makes it an ugly word for me.
Some of you may recognize that the origin comes from SATA > SOTA (as in SOTA LGHAMLA) number 10 in the cards (KARTA) alluding to a fat chubby woman…
This word ihas been widely used between teenagers these days that it has become acceptable. May be that I’m getting very old fashioned myself. How about you? Do you like to be called SATA, SAT??

[quote=yassine36]I don’t like people to call a “SAT”. I just hate it and that makes it an ugly word for me.
Some of you may recognize that the origin comes from SATA > SOTA (as in SOTA LGHAMLA) number 10 in the cards (KARTA) alluding to a fat chubby woman…
This word ihas been widely used between teenagers these days that it has become acceptable. May be that I’m getting very old fashioned myself. How about you? Do you like to be called SATA, SAT??[/quote]
I never had someone call me sata in real life, just for fun on a blog comment or so. For me the word itself is more of a joke, so if I call someone sat or sata it would be just out of joking, nothing serious.
LOL@ fat chubby woman! I didn’t ever consider the origins of sata to come from cards’ figures. That’s a witty explanation.
Isn’t sata just like khwadriyya? I don’t like this word! I don’t even know where it comes from.

looooool
@ yassine

There is a word I just can’t say in arabic. Its : mt9l9sh (don’t worry, t’inquiètes) et si vous pouviez me donner son équivalent (prononçable par un gosier européen) en darija je vous en serais éternellement reconnaissant :smiley:

Hmmm… Mqllq is actually sad, not worried. Donc quand tu dis à quelqu’un mâ tqllqsh, c’est que tu essaies de le dissuader de bouder.
Normalement, si quelqu’un se fait par exemple des soucis pour ses résultats d’examen, on lui dit “mâ tkhâfsh” = n’aie pas peur. Donc en gros, en darija l’inquiétude et la peur ne font qu’un.
Ca ira comme ça? J’ai bien en main cette éternelle reconnaissance? :^^:

C’est parfait - j’ai bien fait de poser la question non ?

shkrn bzzf

Oui, maintenant tu peux réconforter les autres en toute aise, sans avoir à t’inquiéter si ton q sortira sain ou sauf ou pas.

ok this might seem sooo easy to some people but I just can not get it right
:huh: They sound almost the same to me…

kelb= dog
qelb=heart
???

I can not pronunciate correctly!!! :blink: