tarjama 3fak!

Can you translate these words into darija. i always hear some of these words from my friends who speak egyptian arabic:

???

?? ???

???
(nut, beans etc)

?? ???

?? ???

?? ???

?? ???

??? (???)

sorry imy computer has problem with arabic, so follow the number to know which word it is, ok :slight_smile:

1 - its the same : “mafrod”, & it means “it’s supposed / it’s supposed to”

2 - that’s “excuse me”, we don’t have it in Darija, in Egypt its used when you wanna leave a place, so you say to people :“3an idnek” (excuse me), in Darija we rarely do that, & its said as “sma7 liya” (litterally means “forgive me”, but in this case means “allow me”)

3 - “fakia” , comes from fos7a “fakiha” (fruit), because they’re dry fruit.

4 - its the same “ya rit”, & it means “hopefully”, “i hope”, “i wish”.
but its not originally from Darija, its been collected from egyptian through series & movies, along with other expressions.

5 - i think that’s “ya bakhtak” & it means “how lucky you are !”, in Darija we say, “3andek zhar” (you have luck / you’re lucky)

6 - egyptians use “ya salam” either to express comfortability or admire sth, in Darija, to express comfortability we say “Allaaaah” (Allah), to admire sth, we say “tbarkellah” (God bless it).

7 - it’s “oh my God” & in Darija, i think how to say it is really up to the person how, because thats an expression for fear, or for refusing sth sadly, we usually say: “wak wak a 3ibad llah” (3ibadllah = people) there’s nth for wakwak !!

8 - thats’ the same, “m3aya” (with me)

I hope i was clear, but someone has to explain #7 better than me :blush: