What do you call the outfit the woman (you?) is wearing in your avatar? I love it in that hot orange color. Where can I get/see a catalog online of clothes like that?
shokran.

I think its sahrawi

I found that avatar online. I don’t know whose photo is that, but I remember it being called: Morocco by Cavallo.
That’s a weight off my chest! I had to pay tribute to the photo owner. Now that’s done!

For the record, here is the avatar:

To answer your question, if that’s not a thick scarf, then that’s probably a sa7raoui dress as MarocRulz said. We call it ml7âf. It’s a big piece of fabric that women kind of wrap themselves in, over their house cloths.
Let me explain something: In Morocco, pyjamas are not only for sleeping time. Women wear at home different kind of pyjamas and gandouras, and then when they have to go out they would grab a jellaba to wear over their cloths, or a ml7âf, depending on where the woman comes from. By the way, Berber women also wear ml7âf, but in a different way. Generally, sa7raoui women do not cover their faces with the ml7âf, Berber women do.

[quote]I found that avatar online. I don’t know whose photo is that, but I remember it being called: Morocco by Cavallo.
That’s a weight off my chest! I had to pay tribute to the photo owner. Now that’s done![/quote]
I believe the Cavallo was inspired by another picture similar to his Known as AFGHAN GIRL

I do know the Afghan girl story! Did you hear about the photograph who went looking for her after like 20 years of this picture, and he found her! And he took a new photo of her. I will look for it and post it. Or do you already have it?

well her real name is sharbat Gula that to was only known when they returned to find her in 2002, i watched the documentary titled the search for the afghan girl… it was very heart breaking to know what she went trough as a child

for more detail read the article on her in wikipedia

Afghan girl

Yes! That’s the photo I was talking about. It’s funny how many women claimed to be the girl in the photo when they went looking for her, and how she had no idea - living in her own world - that she was very famous.
Very beautiful eyes, ma sha Allah! The ones in my avatar are scary. The Afghan’s are real and intriguing.

wow mashallah amazing eyes :D!!

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Yes! That’s the photo I was talking about. It’s funny how many women claimed to be the girl in the photo when they went looking for her, and how she had no idea - living in her own world - that she was very famous.
Very beautiful eyes, ma sha Allah! The ones in my avatar are scary. The Afghan’s are real and intriguing.[/quote]
I think both sets of eyes are beautiful and compelling, but in different ways.

Mashallah beautiful eyes !
in the second photo she is 30 years old but looks older :blink: