Shinsani??

ok heres the full sentence: La tagoli shinsani, i know what the rest means but is “shinsani” one word or 2: Shi nsani?
and does the sentence as a whole mean: “Don’t say you’ve forgotten me??” assuming that nsani means “forgotten/forget me”

Shukran in advance peeps! :smiley:

[quote=mini91]ok heres the full sentence: La tagoli shinsani, i know what the rest means but is “shinsani” one word or 2: Shi nsani?
and does the sentence as a whole mean: “Don’t say you’ve forgotten me??” assuming that nsani means “forgotten/forget me”

Shukran in advance peeps! :D[/quote]
Tsk tsk! Let’s get things straight.
Tegouli = You feminine singular say
La before the verb, and sh at the end of the verb = do not
Nsani can be either “he forgot me”, or imperative for “forget me”.

The overall meaning is either: Do not ask me to forgive you = Do not say to me “forgive me”.
Or: Do not claim that he forgot me.

Tricky, ha?

[quote=Darija-Lover][quote=mini91]ok heres the full sentence: La tagoli shinsani, i know what the rest means but is “shinsani” one word or 2: Shi nsani?

Shukran in advance peeps! :D[/quote]
Tsk tsk! Let’s get things straight.
Tegouli = You feminine singular say
La before the verb, and sh at the end of the verb = do not
Nsani can be either “he forgot me”, or imperative for “forget me”.

The overall meaning is either: Do not ask me to forgive you = Do not say to me “forgive me”.
Or: Do not claim that he forgot me.

Tricky, ha?[/quote]
DL , u did a good job tal lekher w 9efertiha hhh the verb is forget not forgive
anyway , this is darija of the north (mr ouazzani can help us on that ) so as DL said it means dont ask me to forget u = la t9oulishi nsani

Right, I got all my attention on the negation form, that I mistyped the verb.
Shukran for correcting me, M-sta.

hania a sat :wink:

Ever seen a sat with an avatar like mine? lolllll

oh thanks guys! so I was kinda on the right lines just mistook the negation part.
Shukran guys :smiley:

hahahahahaha wa 3ad bedeltih a khti … matzerbich 3lia :smiley:
en tt ca mtcherfin :slight_smile:

Yes mini, good job!

Haniyatoun Madridista, charaf kollo lina :wink:

:okay:

LOL k have no idea what Mad said lol

[quote=Madridista]hahahahahaha wa 3ad bedeltih a khti … matzerbich 3lia :smiley:
en tt ca mtcherfin :)[/quote]
Translation:
You just changed it (avatar), sister… Easy on me.
Nice to meet you, anyway.

awwwwww asif! it hought he was talkin to me hehe :blink:

Waiiiiiiit, are you a dude?
Asif is masculine.

what is asif first loooooooooooooooll
this is fus7a :stuck_out_tongue:

woops i meant Asifa haha i know its fus7a lol wats it in darja??

It’s sem7i lia, or sem7ou lia or sme7 lia, depending on who you’re talking to.

Yeah, Madridista, it could be in north, but it’s strange.

Is sure that it means: “Don’t say (you, girl) : Forget (you boy) me!” or “Dont’say(you girl) he forgot me”.

But it’s strange for north, becaus of the “tgouli”; I’ve only listen this pronunciation in some women of Tetwan and Tanger (always in city), never on men. And it’s not really common. Here we love QAF! :^^: (But chi it’s ok for the north, everybody says it like this)

I think madridista was fooled by the shi ending. And yes, in Tangiers it would be ma tqoulshi, and in other parts it would mat2oulshi.
I think the shi was just for the song.

well it can be in ouazzan or kser kbir , there they say both Ga and 9a
but some chamalyin hate to consider ppl from there ( ouazzan or kser ) chamalyin too
they say they r 3roubia too