ridd balak?

Ok i’ve heard khod balak, but what on earth is ridd balak? Nabyla Maan has a song with this phrase in it and its driving me insane that i don’t understand it :slight_smile:

Also:

• Kannadia
  • imma
  • ta3
  • b7ayya
  • iwa tkelem (is it so, you say?)
  • matro7i
  • Helly

CHUKRAN BZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAF D’AVANCE :smiley:

Here i come :sman:

“Khod balak” is Egyptien , you probably know it already, “Redd balk” is the Moroccan synonym, & it means: watch out - be careful - pay attention.

• Kannadia: ? u sure u got the right spelling ? it sounds like “canadiya” = Canadian (feminin). but it also sounds like “ka n’nadi a” = i call…??? <-- not sure.

• imma: either/or , but it also means “mom” in northern dialect (shamaliya), it’s often pronnounced “yemma”

• ta3: synonym for “dyal” & it means “of”

• b7ayya: ? what is this, it sounds like b’7aya (with a snake) but its too far to mean that i guess!! listen to it well & try to rewrite it.

• iwa tkellem: come on, talk ! , “tkellem” also means “responde” (when some one call you to come to them if they needed sth from you)

• matro7i: Egyptien, & it means , why don’t you go / come on, go !

• Helly: ? i think it’s yelli / ya lli , if it is so, then it means “you the one who is/do sth” <-- make sure of this one too.

Alright :pilot:

Barakallahu fik jidan jidan :slight_smile:
i transcribe what i hear from the song so bah if they’re not even real words some of them according to my spelling, its fine :wink:

Thanks again! Lightning asidi Lightning :smiley:

try to find the song on youtube or sth , & give me the link & i’ll try to listen (i said try cuz i don’t like those songs :blush: ) maybe i can identify those mysterious words :ok:

the thing is, i got these words from many songs, not only one… b7aya was actually from Shadia Mansour (ro7 bla rja) which is nowhere on youtube… Kannadia is actually the title of a song, which i couldn’t find on youtube either, its by Nabyla Maan, and Helly was from a song by Sa7ra called “Helly el bab”

but these aren’t that important, the important words have already been translated anyway, thx to someone :wistle: hehe, sa7a

ok, from “helly l bab” i see that helli means “open” (adressing feminin), if you wrote “7elli” i would’ve known it form 1st time.

i still see the otherw ords mysterious :huh:

i couldn’t tell in the song if it was a soft h or a 7, sorry. and thanks :slight_smile:

but i have just one more question: what’s khwanjia ? i think i’m a moroccan-insults magnet, wallahi.

[quote=LallaAïcha]i couldn’t tell in the song if it was a soft h or a 7, sorry. and thanks :slight_smile:

but i have just one more question: what’s khwanjia ? i think i’m a moroccan-insults magnet, wallahi.[/quote]
pardon my curiosity but… if you swear and you say: “Wallah” this is for masculine? and for feminine it’s “Wallahi” ?

KHwanjia ? never heard of that :blink: what kind of songs are you istenin to :mdr:

[quote=sarahzina2]pardon my curiosity but… if you swear and you say: “Wallah” this is for masculine? and for feminine it’s “Wallahi” ?
No, there’s no masc. & fem. in swearing, “wallah” is the same as “wallahi” , it’s just that “wallahi” is more Egyptien than Moroccan.

Khoya, its not from a song, somebody said this to me: KhwanjiaGirl, because we were talking about halal and haram and he/she said: haram is good, you don’t know what you’re missing out on khwanjiaGirl… :hm: i hope this helps.
The person that said it is moroccan, so… it should be darija, or a marrakchi version of darija maybe :unsure:

and sarahzina, i use both: wallah and wallahi, and even sometimes wallahi billahi :wink: <–turkish way

sounds like the egyptien “khawaja” which means “foreign”, but we usually say “gawriya”, i’ve never heard that khwanjia.

EDIT: oh yeah, wait a min !!! i think it comes from Ikhwan, a girl who wear Hijab we call her “Ikhwania”, “Ikhwanjia” probably means that you “belong” to the religious girls…

ji/jiya is the Turkish/Middle-eastern sufix that’s added to relate someone with something, like: 9ahwaji = guy who work in “9ahwa” (café) , bostaji = guy who work in “bosta” (deliver mails), 3awalmaji = guy who hang out with “3awalim” (belly dancers), …etc

WOW, i see the relevance, we use ci (ji) in turkish to refer to exactly what u talked about
:ty: SO MUCH…

This person (who called me khwanjia) is an idiot, i think i will just respond with ah ana khwanjia o bikhir… and i will add some stuff that i cannot post on the forum cough, let that be for me to know… :smiley:

bsalama :cool:

wallahi billahi… wow…:smiley: it sounds bit funny and thanks to you i enlarged my little knowledge :^^:

you’re welcome sarahzina :wink: we’re here to help each other :smiley:
salam

Update: That job is tamam :^^: i love being mean to any male creature! :hap: