please translate this short message, choukran

This short message was left for me on msn, while I was offline. It’s from my aunt, there are a few obvious words at the beginning but I can’t understand the rest. Could you please do a quick translation? Thank you in advance. :smiley: Here it is:

sa va salame alekoum Nora tate samame alike eta ta de goulake te kalemy mehaha fi telifounne Naima ka da leke chokeranne je t aime Mimi

"sa va salame alekoum Nora tate samame alike eta ta de goulake te kalemy mehaha fi telifounne Naima ka da leke chokeranne je t aime Mimi "

( Ca va Salam Alaykoum, Nora says hello, she is also saying that you should call her. Naima says thank you, she loves you Mimi ! )

I hope it makes sense to you now.

[quote=myriam]This short message was left for me on msn, while I was offline. It’s from my aunt, there are a few obvious words at the beginning but I can’t understand the rest. Could you please do a quick translation? Thank you in advance. :smiley: Here it is:

sa va salame alekoum Nora tate samame alike eta ta de goulake te kalemy mehaha fi telifounne Naima ka da leke chokeranne je t aime Mimi[/quote]
my correction:
ça va? salam 3alaykom. Nora tatsllm 3lik 7ttâ tatgoulik tetkellm m3aha f tilifone. Naïma katgoul lik shokran. je t’aime Mimi.

my translation:
are you fine? hello. Nora greets you and she asks you to call her at phone. Naïma thanks you. i love you Mimi.

Welcome, bab bouhaja. Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself in the new members forum?

And here is my translation:

How are you? Peace be upon you. Nora is saying hi to you, and is asking you to call her. Naima too. Thank you. I love you Mimi.

It was a funny typo to write tatsllm as tatsmmem (tate samame). Tsmmem being related to poison :hap:, but your aunt sure didn’t mean that.

We responded at the same time :). Kewl!
Well look, the original message isn’t to be corrected, since it was Myriam’s aunt (a native apparently, but not used to transliterating Darija) who wrote it. I guess that you guys - Kounouz and Bab Bouhaja - misunderstood the ka da leke part. (Kadhalik = too, in MSA). And since there is no punctuation, the last sentence is open to a few interpretations, but I say that it’s the aunt who is saying “thanks” and “I love you”. Sure thing is… Myriam got the whole idea now :).

Thank you very much. I will make sure I phone my little cousin Nora :ok: Yes, my aunt is a native Moroccan so her written transliterated Darija may not be too clear, same goes for her French, but all the same Im glad I know what she was trying to say. I did get a hint of what she was saying but was interested to know the exact translation, so thank you all very much. Choukran bzeff.

:cool: