POSITION : Mail Clerk/Driver
DUTY STATION : Rabat, Morocco
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY : December 2008
SALARY LEVEL : Salary starting from 78,952 MAD plus benefits
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : Close of Business November 28, 2008
The United States Peace Corps is seeking a mail clerk/driver. Under the general supervision of the General Service Officer the mail clerk/driver will perform the following job responsibilities : _____________________________________________________________________________________
MAIL DISTRIBUTION :
- Distributes inter-office communications to appropriate personnel.
- Sends, via national or international mail, all Peace Corps correspondence including other mail-related documents such as money orders, cables, etc.
- Continually verify and update volunteer lists and addresses
- Assure adherence to mail safety and security procedures
- Study ways of reducing expenditures for mail - bulk mail, combining mail etc.
- Organize and maintains filing system according to established procedures
- Upkeep the list of send/received mail and keep track of delivered hand carried mail.
GENERAL SERVICES :
- Serves as back up General Services Assistant and Receptionist.
- Responsible for HHC forms to be signed by all Ministries and procurement of driver’s licenses
- Assists in the maintenance of property and residence equipment as appropriate
- Operate and maintain reproduction equipment.
- Continue to learn the General Services Assistant responsibilities
- Study ways of decreasing expenditures, such as buying in bulk
- Improve computer knowledge to be able to assist in inventory and other GSA duties
Assumes driver’s task when other drivers are not available and assists as needed.
Adhere to Peace Corps rules and regulations for vehicle use
Drive safely and within the Moroccan law
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING :
One to three years of related work experience required.
Language ability : Written and Spoken English, French and Arabic required.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required.
Moroccan Driver’s License
For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written and in English and either emailed or mailed delivered to :
Illi Hakim (email@example.com) 2, Rue Abou Marouane Essadi, Agdal Tel. : 037 68 37 80 Rabat, 10100
Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.