PEACE CORPS – MOROCCO
POSITION: Small Business Development Program Assistant
DUTY STATION: Rabat, Morocco
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: May 2009
SALARY LEVEL: Salary starting from 125,696 MAD
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: COB May 15, 2009
The United States Peace Corps is seeking a Small Business Development Program Assistant. Under the supervision of the Small Business Development (SBD) Sector Program Manager, takes an active part in the programming and implementation of Peace Corps projects in the SBD Sector, ensures that all aspects of program are addressed (PC cooperation with project stakeholders/contact with the Ministry of Tourism and Artisanat, PC/Morocco and PC/Washington reporting, documentation and evaluation processes, and meeting support and technical needs of the sector’s 40-50 Peace Corps Volunteers).
• Assists Small Business Development (SBD) Program Manager in background research necessary in the development of new project initiatives and in the improvement of on-going projects.
• In absence of SBD Project Manager, reviews incoming correspondence, acts on or refers these as appropriate and ensures that interested parties are kept informed of SBD Project Manager’s anticipated action.
• Participates with SBD Program Manager in meetings with the Ministry of Tourism and Artisanat officials and other Peace Corps partners, drafts reports providing pertinent information on these agencies and reports discussions/decisions which take place during such meetings.
• Ensures timely and accurate follow-up and assists in tracking and evaluating individual Volunteer’s progress and overall project progress in meeting goals and objectives
• Assists in site review and appropriate Volunteer placement and in the preparation of official correspondence, authorizations, notifications of local and national level ministry offices and authorities.
• Supports Volunteers in gathering information for primary and/or secondary project assignments.
• Composes correspondence in English, French and/or Arabic, reports, technical documents for all sector-related activities and acts as an interpreter/translator for official functions/events as needed.
• Assists office administration in terms of making appointments for SBD Program Manager, maintaining computer and other technical equipment in good working order, maintaining Volunteer out of community records and vacation requests.
• Assists in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the Pre-Service Training (PST) for SBD Trainees.
• Contributes to the design and delivery of sector training events (in-service training, special workshops) in technical, cross-cultural, and language components.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
• University degree or equivalent in Business Administration.
• Three years of relevant experience in entrepreneurship, small business or community development required.
• Strong Language ability: Fluent in written and spoken English, French and Arabic required.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, managerial and interpersonal skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
• Moroccan Nationality
For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written and in English and emailed, mailed or delivered to:
Illi Hakim ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
2, Rue Abou Marouane Essadi, Agdal
Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.