Peace Corps Morocco recruiting an assistant

PEACE CORPS – MOROCCO
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION: Small Business Development Program Assistant
DUTY STATION: Rabat, Morocco
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: May 2009
SALARY LEVEL: Salary starting from 125,696 MAD
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: COB May 15, 2009

The United States Peace Corps is seeking a Small Business Development Program Assistant. Under the supervision of the Small Business Development (SBD) Sector Program Manager, takes an active part in the programming and implementation of Peace Corps projects in the SBD Sector, ensures that all aspects of program are addressed (PC cooperation with project stakeholders/contact with the Ministry of Tourism and Artisanat, PC/Morocco and PC/Washington reporting, documentation and evaluation processes, and meeting support and technical needs of the sector’s 40-50 Peace Corps Volunteers).
Job Responsibilities:
• Assists Small Business Development (SBD) Program Manager in background research necessary in the development of new project initiatives and in the improvement of on-going projects.
• In absence of SBD Project Manager, reviews incoming correspondence, acts on or refers these as appropriate and ensures that interested parties are kept informed of SBD Project Manager’s anticipated action.
• Participates with SBD Program Manager in meetings with the Ministry of Tourism and Artisanat officials and other Peace Corps partners, drafts reports providing pertinent information on these agencies and reports discussions/decisions which take place during such meetings.
• Ensures timely and accurate follow-up and assists in tracking and evaluating individual Volunteer’s progress and overall project progress in meeting goals and objectives
• Assists in site review and appropriate Volunteer placement and in the preparation of official correspondence, authorizations, notifications of local and national level ministry offices and authorities.
• Supports Volunteers in gathering information for primary and/or secondary project assignments.
• Composes correspondence in English, French and/or Arabic, reports, technical documents for all sector-related activities and acts as an interpreter/translator for official functions/events as needed.
• Assists office administration in terms of making appointments for SBD Program Manager, maintaining computer and other technical equipment in good working order, maintaining Volunteer out of community records and vacation requests.
• Assists in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the Pre-Service Training (PST) for SBD Trainees.
• Contributes to the design and delivery of sector training events (in-service training, special workshops) in technical, cross-cultural, and language components.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
• University degree or equivalent in Business Administration.
• Three years of relevant experience in entrepreneurship, small business or community development required.
• Strong Language ability: Fluent in written and spoken English, French and Arabic required.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, managerial and interpersonal skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
• Moroccan Nationality

For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written and in English and emailed, mailed or delivered to:
Illi Hakim ( hilli@ma.peacecorps.gov)
2, Rue Abou Marouane Essadi, Agdal
Rabat, 10100

Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email.

Named Peace Corps Representative in Morocco he arrived in Rabat on November 17 … I n 1945, he moved to Washington as an administrative assistant in the Farm … served the Peace Corps since its earliest days as Director of Recruiting.

?

7mar lil effects :stuck_out_tongue:

Or spam nhar effects.

matalane :stuck_out_tongue:

jjj @ matalane

Are these guys from Peace Corps actually useful??

no.

hmmm then why all that experience and education for no reason :roll:

not 2 mention salary

starts @ 125,696 MAD

anyway, THEY think of themselves as useful i’m sure…

i would join them but don’t fit the criteria and besides i don’t even know exactly what they do, might not be my type of thing

I called them about 2 months ago, they were looking for trainers and in terms of experience I thaught of myself as adequate enough.
Everytime I called this 3assas picks up and at first I started speaking in English and then as I felt he was struggling I changed my lingo to darija and asked him about the position and if he would be able to transfer me to the correct person.
He said the job has been taken but in a tone only a Moroccan would know why he said that, I mean I called on the same day as the post date and the job has been taken and he is aware of that while he at first explains that he’s just a guard (3assas).
I was so frustrated, kaynin shi nas 3andna ghir Layhdihom o safi mesmoumin o 3amrin btashitant o hadak wa7ed menhom. :smiley:

[quote=achminfar9]not 2 mention salary

starts @ 125,696 MAD

anyway, THEY think of themselves as useful i’m sure…[/quote]
Is that hourly rate?

I’ve come across a few Peace Corps volunteers over the years (the first time in Fez in 1964) who all seemed pretty sympathetic and, I think, had good intentions. But I would be really interested in hearing what Moroccans who have been working with them think. I expect there would be good, bad and indifferent experiences and opinions. But it would be interesting to hear the views of Moroccans.
btw quite a few PC volunteers have blogs.

If nothing else, they have produced an extremely useful resource The Peace Corps Manual of Darija !!