???? ???? or ???? ?????

can you explain which one is the correct expression used in darija? llah ykhlef or llah ykhlik

thanks a lot

They’re both right, & have close meanings, but different use.

llah = Allah (God), & every expression start with “Allah” & ends with “-k/-ik” means a wish that God do something to/for you. & if there’s no “-k/-ik” it’s a wish for everyone.

Llah ykhlef :
litterally means “may god give you something in exchange” (in exchange of what you gave me).
this expression is often used when someone do you a favour or provide you with sth (money/food).

• when you’re a guest in somebody’s house, & they offer you food & stuff…when you’re going back out, you say “llah ykhlef” to express that you’re gratefull. mostly said as “llah ykhlef 3lyk/kom” (no difference in the meaning).
  • sometimes when you buy sth, the shopkeeper say to you “llah ykhlef” as referance to your spent money.

Llah ykhallik :
littereally means “may god keep you (alive/for us)” or “may god protect you”.
It’s used either to ask sth politely from someone, or rarely to thank him after he does sth for you.
Ex: what time is it “llah ykhalik”? can i have a lighter “llah ykhallik” ?

• When they say that you can ask them anytime if you need sth, or they wellcome you to come to their house…& similar cases, you can reply with “llah ykhalik”.
  • “llah ykhallik” can be replaced with “llah y7afdek”, & it has the same meaning & the same case of use.

Note: in such expressions, “llah” can be replaced by “rabbi” (my god), & that doesn’t change anything.

Similar expressions:

• llah ysahhel (god make things easy)
  • llah ywaffe9 (god make you succeed in sth)
  • llah yshafi (god heal you)
  • llah meskhek (god curse you)
  • …etc

Note: you can add “k” in the end if you’re adressing someone, & you can still change “llah” with “rabbi”

Regards :^^: