Nichane still...

?n-nas kayku>n-u g^a>yyn m?n b?i>d. kaytbelu g\ir ?s-sl?k wa bi-ayy tamanin.

the people come from far away and all they want is to get in/to be treated/to know someone as a connection!? no matter the price
i don t know how to find the best way to translate ?s-sl?k
thx a lot. your explanations are really helpful. especially the one about teDwira, excellent :slight_smile:

Can you write that one in Arabic letters? I can’t be sure of what I am reading. You wrote kaytbelu and not kaytelbu (they are asking). Not sure about aslak neither, if it’s so it could mean your origins. Anyways, the sentence isn’t clear this time, so I prefer to be sure about reading it right before translating it, because reading it as it is right now doesn’t make much sense.

kaytelbou: they r askin
aslak: ur origin

asmaa, good translation:D

But the sentence goes then like:
People come from very far away. They want to know your origins by any costs.
And this doesn’t make any sense to me.

Wait a sec
im confused too
is that sentece supposed to be a translation of the arabic one?

Yes, Dian is trying to understand what the one in Arabic means, and she posted her guess for confirmation.

ohh ok!

so, here i go again. i rewrite the sentence in Latin transcript

?n-nas kayku>n-u g^a>yyn m?n b?i>d. kaytbelu g\ir ?s-sl?k wa bi-ayy tamanin. that phrase in Arabic goes like ??? ??? now it dawned on me that maybe that “k” is an affix and might mean yours, but i still don t know “sla”.oh, i hope you have the answer. :slight_smile:

and there’s more i have. i hope it s clear this time. it s about the following:

b) ?t-tm?n ka-yzi>d yt}l?? h}i>n nqu>m bi-nq?l ba?d} h}ra>ga ?la mtin zu>di>a>ka>t ?l-h}s^i>s^ muq>abila mba>l?g\ ma>li>a.

h}ra>ga ?la mtin- i don t know this ??? ??? ???

c) M?n-ha nd}u>ru ?n-n?ura wa m?n-ha ndi>u ag^r ha>d ?l-h}ra>ga.

also, this verb ka-ttqamu

PS on the first of July, i am coming to Morocco. i can hardly wait :slight_smile:

I moved your post to this thread of yours, since it’s related to it, and not a new separate request.
I’ll get back to you on these during the day.

I am back to you.
What I said before is that I prefer if you write those sentences in Arabic letters, since you showed us that you can. It would be pretty easy to read them then. By the way, where did you get your transcription from? I am just curious.

K is definitely not a an affix. Sslâk probably comes from sllk. This verb means… doing one’s best with the very little available resources. That pretty much sums it up. Does it fit in the context?

[quote]b) ?t-tm?n ka-yzi>d yt}l?? h}i>n nqu>m bi-nq?l ba?d} h}ra>ga ?la mtin zu>di>a>ka>t ?l-h}s^i>s^ muq>abila mba>l?g\ ma>li>a.

h}ra>ga ?la mtin- i don t know this ??? ??? ???[/quote]
Aha! See? You don’t actually read the words right when there are no short vowels on them to guide you. Am I wrong?
It’s: l7rrâga 3lâ matn. I would be clueless if you asked me what mtin means!
L7rrâga, this is the name given to illegal immigrants, especially does who go 3alâ matn (on board of) very small boats, unsafe ones.
What’s zudiqat? I expected the word boat coming after 3ala matn.

[quote]c) M?n-ha nd}u>ru ?n-n?ura wa m?n-ha ndi>u ag^r ha>d ?l-h}ra>ga.

also, this verb ka-ttqamu[/quote]
= On one hand, we get some money. And on the other hand, we gain some good deeds for helping these immigrants.
Kattqâm = It costs.
Example:
Hâd shî ttqâm 3liyya bmlyôn = This cost me a million.

I hope this helps.

Mr7bâ bîk! What city are you going to stay in this time?