need help in translation please

hi could someone translate this short text for me please :slight_smile:

rado balkom le gdar che wlaya tbalo fe hyato ch hal nabghe nhab min galbe o nal9a wahda thab bhale

Shukren

That seems like a Rai song lyrics ! i’m not sure of it, either if its a song or not, there are some mistakes that makes me not sure of the meaning.
However, this is how it looks for me :
“watch out from the destiny ! …[“che wlaya tbalo fe” i coudln’t figure it out even in Darija!]…i wanna love from my heart, & find someone who loves like me”

If its a song, would you give a link, so we can know the right words…

actually i dont know if its a song or not…

[quote=Paperbird]That seems like a Rai song lyrics ! i’m not sure of it, either if its a song or not, there are some mistakes that makes me not sure of the meaning.
However, this is how it looks for me :
“watch out from the destiny ! …[“che wlaya tbalo fe” i coudln’t figure it out even in Darija!]…i wanna love from my heart, & find someone who loves like me”

If its a song, would you give a link, so we can know the right words…[/quote]
wild guess from non native speaker, for what it’s worth… “che wlaya tbalo fe” might mean “some state which cares about me”…but I am very far from fifty percent certain that I am right.

Didn’t understand what you mean with your first words but…your try is cool, exept for that it doesn’t make sense, it makes sense only if we switch “state” with “woman” because “wlaya/wleya” also means woman, not state (wilaya)

wlaya means women? Where did that come from?

“wild guess from non native speaker”… is that what you didn’t understand? It means, “Rajman bil Ghaib min she had mashi min banat hadil lugha.”

It comes from Moroccan countrysides slang, & egyptien general slang.

In fos7a: “waliyya” is femenin for “waliy”, waliy or waliya are people who have certain responsibility to take care of, & because women often have to take care of children, a woman is called “wliya” .

OOOhhh, like the awliyyah? Cool; never heard it and it never occurred to me. Thanks.

Yeah, it differs a little but it’s the same, it all comes from the verb “tawalla” = take care/responsibility.

There’s also “tawalla” = sth like “refuse” or “deny” (according to the Qur’an context)

that is a different verb, PaperBird. It occurs in other contexts, such as, "wa man yuwalli duburahu yawma’ithin… and it says, “wallaw mudbireen”; it means to turn one’s back; to jump ship

And just to boost my posts, then there is the infamous Moroccan, “Waaaloo”, which I analyze as coming from “wa Low”, as is, “No, there is nothing left, wa low something of no value at all.”