PEACE CORPS – MOROCCO
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – PC-11-12
POSITION: 20 Language and Cultural Facilitators
DUTY STATION: Rabat/Other rural areas in Morocco
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: March 21, 2012
DATE OF COMPLETION: May 23, 2012
SALARY LEVEL: 218 MAD per day. Food, lodging and transportation are
provided by Peace Corps
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 23, 2011
Peace Corps Morocco is seeking 20 Language and Culture Facilitators (LCF) to facilitate
the training of the Peace Corps Morocco Trainees in Moroccan Arabic and Culture.
PRE SERVICE TRAINING Language and Culture Facilitators (LCFs) work to develop basic communicative
language skills among Peace Corps Trainees during an intensive 9 week on-site training program. The LCF works
closely with a small group of Trainees throughout the duration of Pre Service Training. S/he conducts languagetraining classes, within the Peace Corps competency-based curriculum framework, and effectively uses a variety of
language training techniques, methodologies, and activities. The LCF is responsible for the implementation and
monitoring of daily language classes, as well as the community assignments of the Trainees. S/he acts as a resource
person and provides written feedback in the evaluation of the training program and the overall assessment of
- Ensure excellent preparation and self-readiness before going to class and integrate all
components in the content of his/her sessions.
- Develop and implement lesson plans based on acquisition of specific language competencies that
trainees should achieve.
- Make appropriate changes based on feedback received and Trainees’ learning needs
- Evaluate the language materials based on feedback from Trainees and own experience.
- Assist with additional language learning activities outside the classroom, including individual
tutorials, other learning options and conferences with Trainees.
- Identify specific training techniques that correspond to the Trainees’ learning styles.
- Prepare and submit weekly, mid-term and final reports to the Pre Service Training director.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback to Trainees concerning their language acquisition and
- Assist in developing and utilizing community-based activities to enhance language instruction.
- Develop Trainees’ cultural competence and act as an interpreter and translator, as needed.
- Maintain professional and collaborative relationships with all the training team.
- Maintain a professional and positive public image with the training staff, Trainees and the local
community to ensure the proper implementation of Pre Service Training.
- Observe professional code of ethics in regard to Trainees, Staff and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- University degree
- Experience teaching Moroccan Arabic and/or other languages
- Fluency in English, French, and Moroccan Arabic
- Adult teaching experience in a cross-cultural context (desired)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team
- Experience working with youth and/or other non-governmental associations (desired)
- Basic computer skills including word processing, excel, internet, and e-mail
- Fluency in Tamazight OR Tashelheet (desired)
- Moroccan Citizenship
For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) together with a Cover Letter stating in
details how their education and experience fulfills the requirements of the position. Submitted
material must address each listed requirement. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be
typed in English and sent to email@example.com - Please indicate Vacancy
Announcement PC-11-12 in the subject line.
Only Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone and/or email