misc. questions.

1- It’s all right = mafeha bas/ maykon 3andak bas, both are right, or the later has dif meaning?

2- Is “barka” means “to stop”?

• If yes, well I tried to make a sentence like “My watch has stopped”; “lmqana dyali brkat” right?
  • If no, so what does “barka” mean? and what does “to stop” mean in Darija?

3- If you want to give a result, like saying “therefore, or so” what would you say in darija?

4- In the site here, I’ve found that “to trust” means dar lteqa/ dar tteqa, I just want to use it in a word cause it somehow confuses me, please? Also, is there any easier synonym to it in Darija? [just wondering/ hoping]

Merci bzaf in advance :smiley:

1- It’s all right = mafeha bas/ maykon 3andak bas, both are right, or the later has dif meaning?

==> ‘’ maykon 3ndk bas ‘’ is used when someone is ill , u tell him ‘‘maykon 3ndk bas’’ or ‘’ allah ychafik’’

2- Is “barka” means “to stop”?

• If yes, well I tried to make a sentence like “My watch has stopped”; “lmqana dyali brkat” right?
  • If no, so what does “barka” mean? and what does “to stop” mean in Darija?

==> ‘’ barka ‘’ i know nothin about this word , but ‘’ baraka ‘’ means enough
“My watch has stopped”; “lmqana dyali brkat” <=== pay attention ‘‘baraka’’ isnt a verb
so when u said lmagana diali brkat , i understood it like this = ‘’ my watch has sat down ‘’ since some moroccans( actually ppl from d region of dukkala, casa is included ) use ‘‘brek’’ for the verb to sit
i use ‘’ brek’’ to express ‘‘to push’’
so lets go back to ur example : ‘’ my watch has stopped ‘’ = lmagana diali we9fat , yes ‘‘w9ef’’ is the verb to stand up but also we use it to express to stop if ur meaning to stop working

3- If you want to give a result, like saying “therefore, or so” what would you say in darija?

==> pfffff gimme time to find one , personaly i use ‘’ idan ‘’ and ‘’ alors ‘’

4- In the site here, I’ve found that “to trust” means dar lteqa/ dar tteqa, I just want to use it in a word cause it somehow confuses me, please? Also, is there any easier synonym to it in Darija? [just wondering/ hoping]

to trust = ‘‘dar te9a’’ or simply ‘’ ta9/yti9 ‘’
ana te9t fik = i trusted u
ana kanti9 fik = i trust u
nti makati9ich fia = u(female ) dont trust me

#1: thanks alot :slight_smile:

#2: i wrote barka cause baraka sounds like “bless”, anyway so "baraka’’ means enough, ok. cause u say “baraka ml hadra lkhawya” and i found its meaning as (stop talking nonsense). It actually yeah can be translated literally also as = enough from nonsense/empty talks, right? Right i know :stuck_out_tongue:

#3: ok I’m gonna use idan & alors. that is sufficient.

#4: thanks, that’s what i’m looking for. it’s like fus7a except that you pronounce ? as ?

chokran lik bzaf :slight_smile:

#1: mre7ba

#2: right :slight_smile:

#3: lol use them thats ur problem hhh

#4: yes that’s true , there is no ? in darija

1, 2, 3, 4: Thanks again boy :smiley:

that was my duty president :cool:

yeah yeah, u deserve a raise…yalla :smiley:

looooooooooooooolll serfihali flouss lah yrdi 3la benti :stuck_out_tongue:

excuse me :blush: mafhemt mn “lah yrdi 3la benti” sorryyyyy

llah yrdi 3la benti = God bless my daughter ( the daughter here is you )

yeah yeah i got it.
it’s like we say “allah ykhaliky ya benty”
you say “yrdi” ??? ya3ni, right?

yes :slight_smile:

thanks…
it happens alot that i realize every moroccan word lately. for ex, i found sth i dont understand, then after its meaning been given i become like, “oh it consists of … and … and yeah i knew already what this means, y didnt i get that from the beginning?” mesh 3rfa leh keda bas :frowning:

Anyway, thanks again :slight_smile:

looooll thats so human :stuck_out_tongue:

so u see that I gotta calm down and never worry about that Dr.?

:no: ur gonna die in 6 months

la 7awl wla qowta ila billah…enna lellah wa enna ilayeh RAGE3OUN (remember, msri funeral)…

hahhahahahahahhahaha good student :stuck_out_tongue:

loool. yeah I know :ok: :stuck_out_tongue:

but i have a lil remark … plz try to speak masri only in the topic DL opened
darija learners who cant make difference between darija and masri would have a lot of problems
thnx :slight_smile: