lyrics of darija songs- singers from morocco

where can i find some lyrics in darija? who are some famous moroccan singers? in my opinion. listening to songs in the language which you are studying is the best way to improve your pronunciation and increase vocabulary.

Salam, you’re right, songs are an excellent way to develop pronunciation & listening skills in darija.

Here are a few darija groups/singers that i dig :slight_smile:

• Fnaire (Moroccan hip-hop group) <-- MY FAVOURITE (they are in my avatar)
  • Cheb Khaled (he’s algerian though)
  • Faudel (Algerian)
  • Casa Crew (rough darija :P)
  • Cheb Mami (Algerian)
  • Ahmed Soultan (A moroccan singer who has some songs that are in darija)
  • Mohamed Lamine ( i think he’s DZ)
  • CHeb Rayan (dz again, i think)
  • Najim (DZ)
  • CHeba Zahouania (DZ?)
  • Idir (really relaxing voice, he’s berber so he has some songs that aren;t darija, don’t get confused :slight_smile:
  • Lotfi Double Kanon (Rap, Algerian)
  • Diana Haddad (i think she’s North African)

OK so i’ve mentioned some darija singers, some are Algerian and some are Moroccan. The thing is that some of them have french or other languages in their albums too, so pick out those that sound darija. If you want more specific song titles, i can give you some.

Good luck
Salam

Also:

H-Kayne
Reda Taliani

I don’t think rap is good for you…

yes, songs is a good way to learn language, its partly how i learned English, Rai songs will be good for you, not because they’re beautiful (because i think they’re not) but because they speak slowly & with “melodies”, unlike rap which they talk quicly & say a lot of words which you won’t be able to follow + that they sometimes have bad language !

Yes you can listen to Algerian, the dialect is like 80% the same…that List by L.Aicha is useful :wink:

PB, yes rap contains vulgar sometimes, but fnaire is a good group, as far as i know, maybe H-Kayne and CasaCrew is a bit rude, but Fnaire is quite suitable, i learnt a GREAT DEAL from Fnaire’s songs wallahiii :wink:

And if you know any good Rai songs that you would like to recommend, then go right ahead :smiley:

Anyway Donny Bonne chance (to all of us darija learners too)
Thalla frasek mzyan.

^ That’s some classy english right there xD
i need sleep sigh

When it comes to learnin, i agree with u, not all rappers bad, & so Fnaire can be good to learn from…they don’t have bad language, but i think they have “empty” language if u know what i mean…

But generaly & about the other rap groups u said…!! see, i hated rap because i know those people, & i mean “know”, because i used to work with rap groups, CasaCrew are one of the famous that i was close too, i knew all those groups closely, i saw their bare truth !! thats why i hated them…

PB, your post is moved to the right topic, you mistakenly posted it elsewhere.

Actually that wasn’t a mistake :slight_smile: i thought to continue the conversation in the music thread because it looked like we’re talkin another subject than the subject of this thread…

but if you think it fits here, then it’s ok :hap:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the quote you have from LallaAïcha is from this thread. The thread on which you posted your post is this one, so I moved it from there to here.

No you’re not wrong, but what i meant is, this thread is about music & its roll in learnin some vocabs…my conversation with L.Aicha was goin to take another way, so in order not to get off the subject & keep this thread clean, i posted in the music thread where we can freely talk about music generally.

that’s it, no big deal.

my paperbird friend, please give us some names of RAI songs which are good to learn darija too. shukran bzf!!!

Unfortunately i don’t listen to Moroccan Rai ! all i know is Cheb Khalid & Cheb Mami, & they’re both Algerian…

To be honest, i don’t listen to Moroccan music at all :hm:

[quote=Paperbird]No you’re not wrong, but what i meant is, this thread is about music & its roll in learnin some vocabs…my conversation with L.Aicha was goin to take another way, so in order not to get off the subject & keep this thread clean, i posted in the music thread where we can freely talk about music generally.

that’s it, no big deal.[/quote]
The quote confused me, so I thought I did good.
Yes, it’s no big deal after all.

mumkin, " barry maroc" hadi musician on you tube.
ou myspace = moroccan musicians.
safi

slam ou r7mat llah
what is uppppppp

ya paperbird, kt9ol kayn “parole fadi” fi hip hop…mymkinch tzid tchrah lna rayak chwiya?

ya paperbird, can you tell us what you mean by “empty lyrics” in hip hop? i’m interested in your opinion.

ps- i’m trying something new-- i want 2 try and write as many posts as i can in both darija and english…please help me and give corrections llah 7fdkom.

i think PaperBird means, they speak a lot of rubbish, or what we say “sh** talking”, za3ma unnecessary paroles… :unsure:

pee ess: Good job with the dual posting (Darija and English) - so far so GOOD!

also, before i forget… wa 3likom salam w ra7matullah w barakato