lbhima... ?

The full sentence is “ntiyya lli 7mara yal bhima” , i know what the preceding words mean but i’m just confused with bhima, an explanation would be good :smiley: sorry for all the retarded translation requests i pose.

Thanks again,

Chukran bzzaf =)

lol u crack me up :smiley:
LBHIMA in english, it’s animal!

Lol yeah i asked an egyptian and she told me it was an animal too but i just wanted to make sure :stuck_out_tongue:
thx

You’re welcome to ask any questions, it’s free :).

So the sentence turns out to be something like: You’re the dork one, you donkey.
I think bhima is a worst insult than 7mara. Ponder over it.

LOOOOL xD So the masculine would be lbhim? coz im guessing it would be veeeeery useful :smiley:

OH and i did something to deserve these insults so yes i have pondered :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=LallaAïcha]LOOOOL xD So the masculine would be lbhim? coz im guessing it would be veeeeery useful :smiley:

OH and i did something to deserve these insults so yes i have pondered :P[/quote]
So you’re not LallaAicha anymore, you’re LallaBadGirl :D.

And no, we don’t say lbhim. It stays lbhima even for masculine.

OK merci bzaf alalla :slight_smile: WALLA Ma3ndi mansllek (i hope that blended in at the right time :stuck_out_tongue: )
salam x

lbehima is actually a word which exists in Hebrew as well. In Arabic, I believe that the Qur’an itself has a reference to “behemat ul an3am”. …that is, the mindless beasts which are cattle. And the word ‘behemoth’ can be found in Webster’s with the definition, "1 an animal, perhaps the Hippopotamus, , mentioned in Job (Ayyoub) 40:15-24. 2)U.S. Informal, any monstrous or grotesque creature or thing. [<Heb b’hemoth (expressing dignity, greatness), pl. of b’hemah beast; r. ME bemoth].

…And yes, I do seem to remember that someone has already pointed out that the word exists in English. …But how many of you know of/remember the incident which happened a little over ten years ago at an American University wherein some people were having a party which annoyed another student and he called out the window to them asking that they settle down. They did not, and he later called the congregation a bunch of behemoths… this led to a lawsuit in which the aggrieved persons alleged that it was a racial slur and a hate crime, seeing as they were of a dark complexion and the young complainer was not.

As for myself, I do not see it as a racial slur; the young man claimed that he merely meant that they were behaving in a beastly manner, which is what the word implies to me.

i love your explanations UmmMaryam, chukran bzaf :slight_smile: I am sorta interested in hebrew too so this was a great intro sort of thingy for me :smiley:

Thallayi fraseki