kidayr/ kidayra and ka/ky/ta

Hello,

1. I would like some help about this word kidayr/ kidayra.
    I believe -ki- comes from kif/kifash but how about -dayr-, does it come from dir (to do)?

2. what’s the difference between ky / ka / ta before verbs, I understand they have the same meaning as present progressive in english but how do you use them?

Thank you a lot.

By the way, I found many interesting things in this post but it still doesn’t answer my question.

1 - you’re right about “kidayr” , “dayr” is progressive form for dir (do), so the expression litterally means “how are you doing/how do you do”

2 - “Ka” is for present verbs, to be added in the beginning of a the verb, before ‘y’ for he, ‘n’ for I, ‘t’ for you & she, & ‘y’ for he
ka Ndir (i)
Ka Ydir (he)
Ka tdir or Kaddir (she/you)

Thanx a lot Paperbird.

How about the ‘ta’, is it used the same way and does it mean the same thing than ‘ka’?
Also can you give me some examples of progressive tense with other verbs because I’m missing something. I thought present was “Ndir” and progressive “Ka ndir”. :cry:

ta is the same as ka, it just differes according to people’s environment.

Ka ndir is progressive, ndir is said when you want to ask permision, it’s like “i shall / shall i ?” = ka ndir / ndir ?

The same for all verbs.

:blink: I learned something really interesting today. :okay:

it seems like kndir would translate to something like ‘i do’ or ‘i am doing’, whereas tndir would translate to something like ‘i do’ or ‘i always do’…knl3ab l9ora= i am playing football, tnl3ab l9ora= i play football (something done constantly)…??? sa7i7 ou la la? sorry wish i knew grammatical terms

usually kandir is the same as tandir, but also & often ta is a short for 7ta = till, so sometimes tandir would count as 7ta ndir = till/after i do

& it’s Kora or Cora, not 9ora :rofl: