Kayfesh kanqoulou "Cultural Ambassador" aou "Student Representative"?

I’ve been looking for ways to translate “Ambassadorial Scholar,” and it’s very frustrating! I asked a friend what she thought of “moufawwad” and she thought that people in Morocco might think that I was with the government.

How can I say that I am an exchange student, a student representative, or a cultural ambassador? I will be taking classes at a Moroccan university, but I will also be a representative for the Rotary. I want to put that on some business cards.

Shoukran 3aleikum!

say u r : taliba f bi3ta ta9afia

and we say shoukran likom not 3likom :slight_smile:

Cultural ambassador should be “safira ta9afiya” , otherwise “mab3oota ta9afiya”…

for a simple term that anyoe would understand, u can use what Madridista told u.

La shokra 3ala wajib <— you’re welcome :wink:

shoukran likom! These are both very helpful. So do you think that Madridista’s suggestion is better in conversation with people, and paper bird’s is better for a business card?

I’m going to print business cards (to distribute to contacts here in Chicago and then at Rotary meetings in Morocco) and I would like to have “Ambassadorial Scholar to Morocco” and then underneath that the translation in arabic, written in arabic script.

@paper bird, how do you spell those in arabic?

Madridista’s suggestion is definitely the thing to say. Mofawwada and safira sound too serious for a student. As for other fellow students, I am sure they know about the Rotary. Did you know that there are Rotary clubs in Moroccan schools/universities too?
For the business card, I’d use momathilat Rotary fi almaghreb ??? ??? ?? ???

[quote=Paperbird]Cultural ambassador should be “safira ta9afiya” , otherwise “mab3oota ta9afiya”…

for a simple term that anyoe would understand, u can use what Madridista told u.

La shokra 3ala wajib <— you’re welcome ;)[/quote]
I think that PB is away. So here are his suggestions:

[large]??? ???[/large]

Or:

[large]??? ???[/large]