Is it considered haram not to fasting?

All is in the title!

The word Haram doesn’t fit, so I think what you’re asking is : is it a sin not to fast ?
& the answer is: yes :ok:

There are people who are excused, & they are:

Children : in the age of which they can’t stand fasting, or fasting for a long time (like the summer day).
People in travel: only during the road, they have to fast if they’re established somewhere else.( & their manner helps). They will still owe that day & must do it after Ramadan ends.
Pregnants: also have to do their lost days whenever they could carry on after giving birth. (i was born in Ramadan :scrm: )
Women in period: they also have to do their lost days after Ramadan.
Ill/sick people: for those who have a temporary illness & have to take certain medicines, they’re allowed to, but still have to do their lost days after Ramadan. for those who are always sick (old people for examle) they’re excused.

• If someone forgot & ate without purpose, (or sth hapened to him that caused his day to fail) it’s ok in condition to continue the day fasting anyway, he will have to do the day again after Ramadan.
  • If someone ate in purpose, the punishment should be as following:
  • fasting a whole 2 months continiously (no rest even for one day), if the one can’t do it, there’s the other way…
  • freeing a “neck”: “neck” refers to a “slave”, & freeing him means buying him from his master & then let him go.
    & since we don’t have slavery anymore. there’s the third way…
  • feeding 60 poor people: they can be beggars or any one who is in need.

It’s all from Qur’an

Things that make the day fail:

• eating, drinking
  • sex between husband & wife (only during the day)
  • …mmm…any other things ? :unsure:

Things that are not good to do while fasting:

• listening to music.
  • staring at girls/boys (each for the other)
  • talking too much/swearing
  • Lying
  • Forsaking the prayer
    & others…

Most of those things are not good for the whole life, but the whole life ends until the death, a Ramadan day ends only till the sunset. so it must end in a good manner.

For those who drink, of course it’s Haram, but about Ramadan, they should quit it at least 40 days before Ramadan (Rajab 20st <— cincidering that the month os 30 days)

I feel proud i was born in Ramadan, even if i made my mother owe a whole month of fasting :blush:

The word Haram doesn’t fit, so I think what you’re asking is : is it a sin not to fast ?
& the answer is: yes :ok:

There are people who are excused, & they are:

Children : in the age of which they can’t stand fasting, or fasting for a long time (like the summer day).
People in travel: only during the road, they have to fast if they’re established somewhere else.( & their manner helps). They will still owe that day & must do it after Ramadan ends.
Pregnants: also have to do their lost days whenever they could carry on after giving birth. (i was born in Ramadan :scrm: )
Women in period: they also have to do their lost days after Ramadan.
Ill/sick people: for those who have a temporary illness & have to take certain medicines, they’re allowed to, but still have to do their lost days after Ramadan. for those who are always sick (old people for examle) they’re excused.

• If someone forgot & ate without purpose, (or sth hapened to him that caused his day to fail) it’s ok in condition to continue the day fasting anyway, he will have to do the day again after Ramadan.
  • If someone ate in purpose, the punishment should be as following:
  • fasting a whole 2 months continiously (no rest even for one day), if the one can’t do it, there’s the other way…
  • freeing a “neck”: “neck” refers to a “slave”, & freeing him means buying him from his master & then let him go.
    & since we don’t have slavery anymore. there’s the third way…
  • feeding 60 poor people: they can be beggars or any one who is in need.

It’s all from Qur’an

Things that make the day fail:

• eating, drinking
  • sex between husband & wife (only during the day)
  • …mmm…any other things ? :unsure:

Things that are not good to do while fasting:

• listening to music.
  • staring at girls/boys (each for the other)
  • talking too much/swearing
  • Lying
  • Forsaking the prayer
    & others…

Most of those things are not good for the whole life, but the whole life ends until the death, a Ramadan day ends only till the sunset. so it must end in a good manner.

For those who drink, of course it’s Haram, but about Ramadan, they should quit it at least 40 days before Ramadan (Rajab 20st <— cincidering that the month os 30 days)

I feel proud i was born in Ramadan, even if i made my mother owe a whole month of fasting :blush:[/quote]
Hahaha :mdr:

Thank you for explaining to me :hap:

But if your parents is forcing u to fasting, i mean is it good? shouldn’t come from your own hear to fasting? Not that im being forced of fasting , just interested to know :ok: :wink:

no one can force his children to fast, we’re supposed to teach them first & explain to them, so that they’ll love to do it by theirselves. or if you force a child who can’t fast, he’ll get sick or sth.
parent maybe force their children to study, work, pray, eat…but fasting ! i don’t remember seeing someone forced to fast.

Yes that’s what i was thinking, thank you again :smiley:

Here where i live , some ppl in my age r being forced, or at least that’s what they’re saying to me

which age exactley, if you’re over 15 that’s ok for fasting, i know children fasting at 10…without being forced.

EDIT: i also know people at 30 eat without excuse !

Salaamu Allaahi Alaikum dear Muslim brothers and sisters

I don’t think people can be forced to fast, they can go eat secretly without being seen by their parents. yeah it’s soo sad when you see people eating/smoking during ramadan, may Allah swt guide us all. Ameen

yes im 15+ im 18 now to be more exact, and im going to fast :ok:

Salam alikoum HeavyGuest

What i mean with being forced i mean that if they’re not fasting they’re not allowed to eat, hahaha :smiley:

Yeah it’s sad when they’re saying that they’re fasting then i catch them eating in the dining room in school :hap:
(I can see them from the window :wink: ) Then when they get home they act like nothing ^^

I remember fasting at 12, but not full day, they used to teach us to fast from dawn till midday, & tomorrow from middy till sunset <— & here we have a full day in 2 days :rofl: , of course it doesn’t count but it was good for children.

here we don’t have to catch anyone ! you can see them clearly at McDonalds in lunch time eating, not Christians, Muslims (supposedly)…both men & women !

I remember fasting at 12, but not full day, they used to teach us to fast from dawn till midday, & tomorrow from middy till sunset <— & here we have a full day in 2 days :rofl: , of course it doesn’t count but it was good for children.

here we don’t have to catch anyone ! you can see them clearly at McDonalds in lunch time eating, not Christians, Muslims (supposedly)…both men & women ![/quote]
At least ur were fasting when ur were 12 :okay:…me i actually fasted the longest period in my life 2 years ago :smiley: (4 days hahahaha :mdr: ) (but i didn’t lie to my parents :^^: ) :blush: but this year it’s gon be different :wink: im goin to fast the whole of Ramadan :wink:

awww how niiice…

haha lol :smiley:

Why do you think the word “haram” doesn’t fit? It is “haram” to not fast (Ramadan, the only truly mandatory fast) when you do not have an excuse which raises the responsibility off of your shoulders, no doubt about that.

Tafoukt, tbarakallah :wink: i hope this Ramadan passes as one of the best in your life :slight_smile:

Ramadan mabrouk to everyone from now!! i totally can’t wait to leave people unconscious at uni once i start speaking with my ramadan breath :hap: i joke.

Inshallah this ramadan will be as fruitful as the ones to come - for everyone.

Shokran bzaaf LA :hap: i hope so too :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the explanation…i didn’t know the part about ending to drink at least 40 days before Ramadan…