if i'm lying.....

is there an expression in darija to make the person in front of you believe something you say?

example:

A: wellah i bought 200 pairs of shoes
B: pfff liaaaaar
A: nah nah it’s the truth i swear
B: it’s very hard to believe that
A: wellahiiiii i’m serious, if i’m lying May God cut off my tongue

something similar to the phrase in italics… i want an expression like this :smiley: and if there isn’t, just translate the one in italics plz

thankies

llah ye3teni l3ma
llah y3teni l9te3
llah ye3teni kssida
llah y3teni lmout
llah ye3teni … and add sth bad :smiley: this is the rule

u can also use : 3la r9ebti or wa79 llah

But u wouldn’t swear to Allah while you’re lying would you ! Aysee :neu:

tell me, were all your neighbours, neigbourhood people & uni collegues & teahers happy with the shoes you brought them ? :rofl:

y7fdek wellah

so “if i’m lying” would be ila nkdb ?

and PB, i don’t lie akhoya :wink: this will only be used when the person doesn’t believe me, coz i’m always laughing even when i tell the truth :smiley:

and LOL @ the shoe distribution thingy :lol:

Ila/ida kdebt

thanks so much peebee!!!

all those expressions suggested by mad, although correct, are just plain… aweful
seriously, first, one should not swear. second, swearing with something like “may I have an accident” or “may my head by cut” is just plain :blink:
if someone doesn’t believe you, don’t even bother…

one other expression some people use and that I hate: Allah yeqte3 lia mmi w bba = may God kill mom and dad… what the heck!

you get the idea :wink: as mad said, we want you to speak classy darija
take me as an example ;), I never say those expressions

hhhhh you’re all too true a DL… and i’m not such a classy speaker, but i’ll take your advices and implement them, even if they sound all too bourgeois to me :stuck_out_tongue: j.k

@Dl, i expected u to give better expressions than Mad’s.
“don’t ever bother” is not one.

doudi i dont use them as well … i dont even say wellah
but LA asked a question so i answered … its her problem to use them or not
elle est majeur et vacciné :^^:

haha you know I am the bourgeois kind, you busted me to Mad now

[quote=Paperbird]@Dl, i expected u to give better expressions than Mad’s.
“don’t ever bother” is not one.[/quote]
wayli, high expectations you have bro…
just now, thought of two other expressions:
Allah yqte3 lia rassi = may God behead me
Allah ye3tini lmout = may God give me death, literally, and probably the most used

[quote=Madridista]doudi i dont use them as well … i dont even say wellah
but LA asked a question so i answered … its her problem to use them or not
elle est majeur et vacciné :^^:[/quote]
I know you wouldn’t use them, and I was reiterating your advice about not using not-so-classy expression (remember, about dargoum)

vaccinée? you think? I thought only us Moroccans have ttab3 loolll

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah but she is moroccanized :wink:

just a note to LA to understand what I hinted to…

In primary school, we Moroccans get a vaccin of I do-not-know-what, and ila yawmina hada (until this day) you can see its trace… we Moroccans recognize each other just from the upper part of our left arms hhhhhhh trademark

hahahaha yeah doudi i always look for this trace in girls arms to if they r moroccan or not hhhhhhhhhhhh

I was just joking, didn’t mean it word by word, I don’t really check people arms…
but it seems that you do, so no comment

lol only girls hhhh and pretty ones … like u wont find me checkin aminatou arm :no:

lolllllll glad its on the arm this vaccination coz sometimes… nevermind

thanks for the info DL :wink: glad to see you back wellahi billah

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah sometimes its in the … and i’ll be glad then to check all the girls wuahaahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha but lame in morocco its only in the arm

WTF face

you kidding me? my mum has a massive patch on her arm too from it… maybe if i stayed in turkey i wouldve had one too