I am new!...Help! i need translate in morocco darija

As salaam Aleikum,

Well my name is Brunsheska, I am from Puerto Rico. I want to learn moroccan language , becuase i wanna suprise my fiance. And understand my mother in law… :slight_smile: Can you help me translate this please…

“Thank you for coming into my life and showing me that there are still good men in the world. Thank you for being so caring and sweet. Thank you for being so just so wonderful in every way. Thank you for letting me love you like I do. Thank you for always being sincere. Thank you for being you!!”

Salam.

Wa 3alaykom assalam Brunsheska. Welcome to SpeakMoroccan, and warm greetings from Morocco all the way to Puerto Rico :).

Let’s see… Your text is poetic, I am not sure the translation will preserve its beauty, but I’ll give it a try.

“Shukran 7it jiti l7yati w wrritini bi2annao baqi kaynin rjal mzyanin f ddnya. Shukran li2annak driyyf bzzaf w 7nin. Shukran li2annaka ra2i3 bkoll lmaqayais. Shukran 7it khllitini nbghik kimma kanbghik daba. Shukran 3la sara7tk dima m3aya. Shukran 3la kolshi”.

Let me tell you, saying “thanks for being you” sounds a little bit crazy in Darija, because it doesn’t make sense at all. “Why! You think I am someone else”, would the person respond. I tell you, crazy! Also there is no way you can tell someone they are “sweet” because the word sweet doesn’t have but a meaning: the literal one.
Anyways, I changed your text a little bit to adapt it to Darija, and it goes like:

“Thank you for coming into my life and showing me that there are still good men in the world. Thank you for being so nice and caring. Thank you for being wonderful in every way. Thank you for letting me love you like I do. Thank you for always being sincere with me. Thank you for everything”.

One last thing, this sentence also: “Thank you for letting me love you like I do”… it does sound a little bit awkward.

I hope this helps after all :). Ask away if you need further assistance.
See you around the forum.