Finally spoke darija to someone in REAL life :D

:hah:

:dance:

… [small]it was an Algerian[/small] :smiley:

goooooooooooooooooood for you :okay: how was it , how was it :hah: tell me…it’s been a while i didn’t really laugh :smiley:

J/K :stuck_out_tongue:

…& were they able to understand u ?

loooooollll you’re so mean… of course they were able to understand, i don’t sound like your dutch tourists :smiley:

i didn’t actually say much… because it was… kinda…awkward…long story short, we were in an elevator :slight_smile:

oh and she thought i was a djazairiyya too… must be a good sign :stuck_out_tongue:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah turks and algerians are really the same :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, a good sign that you should pass by the embarrasing stories thread :^^:

LOL it wasn’t embarrassing actually, she just started talking to me, but she was getting off from the elevator before me so our conversation was short and cut off, that’s why it was awkward. But i was happy afterwards as I let out my urge to speak to a real life darijite in Woop woop land :smiley: 7amdolillah :stuck_out_tongue:

how about a chat voice site where all moroccans can practise darija? ohh now that we mentioned the chat thing, how comes there is no chat room in this blog?
anyways, the other day one girl spoke with me in tarifit lol i was like what? she kept speaking in rifiya and I kept repeating what like 10 times then she spoke with that ehem cute shamali accent hehe at first I thought she just liked me and wanted to talk ( that’s the story i was goin to tell ma mates lol) but when she spoke darija I realized she was just asking for directions :’( looool

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
funny story

coming to the chat thing, Admin is working on something like that, not a voice chat, but a chat chat :slight_smile: The thing is that she is busy and has a life of her own so it might take time.
About voice chat, there is a gaming program called SecondLife where this is possible, but sadly there aren’t many normal people there, but if you find a good reliable person to practice darija by voice chat, it’s quite useful, I’ve tried.

I feel so embarrased when I try to speak to someone in darija!!!
I think they must think im craaaaazy!!! My fiance often tells me what to say but I still feel silly!!!

Once I tried asking for something in darija and for the life of this man hewasnt getting it then my boyfriend repeated exactly the same thing and he said…oh ok! lol…jokes!!!

Well done LailaAicha!!!
Online chat would be great…but for now for me it would have to be in english cos I only kno lil words!!! Its so much easier to talk it then write it i think!!! Then again both are hard!!!:flag: