Family Book

Hi,

I am hoping someone will be kind enough to give me some genuine information please as i am a very concerned friend.

i am trying to find out some info on the Moroccan Family Book. An English friend of mine has two children with her Morrocan ex-husband living in the UK (they have never had an Islamic divorce). They are aged 7 (girl) and 4 (boy), neither of whome have been entered into the Family Book. The ex-husband has recently requested the daughter’s birth certificate from my friend to “enter her into the family book” but not his son’s. My friend has reason to believe (before this was requested) that he may be considering moving back to Morocco and my friends fear is that he may be considering taking the children with him against her will.

Can someone please tell me if there are any benefits for the children to be in the Family Book whilste they reside in the UK or is this only beneficial for them if they are living in Morocco (and in what way).

Any information on the Family Book would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance of any replies.

I’m sorry that I don’t have an answer for your friend. I am interested to learn more, because I have never heard of the Moroccan Family Book.
If anyone has any information to help fruitbat’s friend, or also just any information about what the Family Book is, please respond here! I’d be interested to learn!!

The family book is an book where it says who you are and birth place and so on. Your parents are and were they are born and your siblings and if you have any children they are also written in this book.