End Of Ramadan - Translation for a prayer

Hi

I have been fasting, although i am not a muslim. I would like to know if there is a special prayer to say at the end of Ramadan. My boyfriend is Moroccan, i would really like to impress him to of practiced a prayer or a blessing.

Thank you for all your help

x

honestly i don’t understand what do you want exactely , please explain more

I just wanted to know if there was a special prayer that gets said at the end of Ramadan

Hmmm Not really.
Let me assume that you don’t know much, and explain some very basic stuff. If you already know these, then please don’t consider me as insulting your intelligence.

Let’s first make a difference between the two things the word “prayer” refers to in Arabic:

• Salat: The one we perform 5 times a day.
  • Do3a2: This can be translated as invocation.

When Ramadan is over, the first day of the following month is called 3id lfitr, or l3id ssghir for us Moroccans as we call it. On the 3id’s day, there is a special prayer that is performed. Muslims go to an open space [lmsalla] (not the mosque, like usual) and they pray there.

As for do3a2, it’s a whole personal matter. You can ask from Allah whatever you want. So but the end of the month - as well as during Ramadan - you’re most likely to ask God to accept all your good deeds. You want to say this in Darija?

I hope this answers your question. If not, just ask away, we’re here to help.