Eid el Kbir greetings on 10 Zulhijjah

Assalamu alaikum, how does one say Eid greetings to their Moroccan friends in Darija? May i have it also in Arabic letters? choukran bzzaf.

Wa 3alaykom ssalâm, Heryanti. Kolshî bikhir? Labas 3lik? :slight_smile:

For l3id lkbir (that’s how we call it, the big 3id. Eid al-fitr is l3id ssghir, the small 3id), you can use the normal greeting we use for 3ids: 3wâshr mbrôka: [large]??? ???[/large] .

Eh, 3wâshr mbrôka :).

Oh, forgot to add. Many people would just say it in MSA: 3îd mubârak sa3îd, happy and blessed eid.

[large]??? ??? ???[/large]

[quote=SimplyMoroccan]Wa 3alaykom ssalâm, Heryanti. Kolshî bikhir? Labas 3lik? :slight_smile:

For l3id lkbir (that’s how we call it, the big 3id. Eid al-fitr is l3id ssghir, the small 3id), you can use the normal greeting we use for 3ids: 3wâshr mbrôka: [large]??? ???[/large] .

Eh, 3wâshr mbrôka :).[/quote]
Assalamu alaikum :slight_smile:
Labas, barak llahu fik. Kif halek? Labas? l3’aila labas?
Thanks for the translation!

3washr mbroka! Eid greetings imported from Singapour all the way to Maroc! So when is Eid lkbir in Morocco? Ours will be this thursday, 20th December. How’s preparations going on?

M3a ssalama.

[quote=heryanti]Assalamu alaikum :slight_smile:

3washr mbroka! Eid greetings imported from Singapour all the way to Maroc! So when is Eid lkbir in Morocco? Ours will be this thursday, 20th December. How’s preparations going on?

M3a ssalama.[/quote]
Yay, you’re speaking Arabic :). And thanks for the greetings! And here: Eid greetings all the way from the South of Morocco, straight to Heryanti’s house in Singapore ;).
The eid if for Friday, isn’t that strange? Two days difference with Saudi Arabia. Feels awkward!
And preparations going smooth, I went shopping this morning :D. “Shopping” for a sheep is for tomorrow inshallah.
How does it go in Singapore? Do you keep the sheep at home too?

[quote=SimplyMoroccan][quote=heryanti]Assalamu alaikum :slight_smile:

M3a ssalama.[/quote]
Yay, you’re speaking Arabic :). And thanks for the greetings! And here: Eid greetings all the way from the South of Morocco, straight to Heryanti’s house in Singapore ;).
The eid if for Friday, isn’t that strange? Two days difference with Saudi Arabia. Feels awkward!
And preparations going smooth, I went shopping this morning :D. “Shopping” for a sheep is for tomorrow inshallah.
How does it go in Singapore? Do you keep the sheep at home too?[/quote]
Salam, SimplyMoroccan! How is it going? Well, in Singapore, we do not keep our sheep at home due to space constraint and also it’s not allowed… Here most of us live in high rise apartments thus we do not have any gardens or backyards or rooftops. Only the rich and affluent have big houses. In land scarce Singapore, owning such property is very2 expensive…

So, for qurban, the sheep is kept in the area beside the masjid, under a huge tent. Usually the sheep arrives by ship from Australia, 2 days before Eid lkbir. Then, the qurban is done at the masjid… It was a rainy eid here in singapore yesterday…

By the way, the picture of the little girl u have as ur avatar is very2 cute!

Also, inshaAllah, i’ll be visiting Morocco again nxt April. Looking forward to the trip :slight_smile:

Ma3ssalamah

Salam :slight_smile:

The Eid in Morocco was rainy too, I wonder if there had been another rainy Eid adHa except this one ^^

Meriem, I remember there were rainy eids in my childhood too, this is not the first time it rains on eid. As most people repeated, it’s double eid, eid al adha and the mercy eid :).
And Heryanti, you call it qurban like in Turkish, spelt as Kurban. And that’s an Arabic word by the way.
And it’s a pity that you don’t keep the sheep. Here most kids are over happy to have the sheep at home for a few days before the eid, and they would just get attached to it and then get sad to see it slaughtered. In Morocco, as you must have seen, it’s not an uncommon thing that many families live in their own houses, even if they are not very wealthy. And we always have a floor with no roof, for the laundry ^_^, that’s where we’d keep the sheep.
For the avatar, I love it too, typical Berber head cover :).
So did you make your plans for April? Any specific cities to visit?