By my side, In front etc

Ok how do I say the following in Darja?

1. By my side
  2. In front (of me)
  3. Equivalent of “Mashi Hadi” if there is one :smiley:
  4. Equivalent of “kamen”

And what does this mean?

1. Manni 7aqbeeD
  2. Rani dayeb bil 5a6ar hateni ou nasaber (i think thats what is being said :blink: )
  3. Lkhur
  4. Dima

Merci in advance! :smiley:

1. Dima = always = forever :smiley:

i think By my side can be translated as “with me” which would be “m3aya” but not 100% sure.

Kaman i think would be “7ta” or simply “ta”. example you would say “twa7chtek a 3icha” and i would reply “7ta twa7chtek a mini” :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s all from me :slight_smile:

by my side = 7daya
in front of me = 9dami

i cant help u with the others , it seems algerian to me … sorry

to LA :
when mini said : twe7echtk a 3icha … u must reply : 7ta “ANA” twe7echtk a mini
dont forget the ANA (me , I )

Oops, ok thanks M-sta

7ta ana twa7chtek a mini :hap:

[quote=Madridista]by my side = 7daya
in front of me = 9dami

i cant help u with the others , it seems algerian to me … sorry

to LA :
when mini said : twe7echtk a 3icha … u must reply : 7ta “ANA” twe7echtk a mini
dont forget the ANA (me , I )[/quote]
Nope all the words listed are Moroccan not Algerian :smiley:
hehe aww 7ta ana twa7echtik ya 3isha :slight_smile:

loooolll r u sure about that ??? hehehehe maybe there is a problem with the spellin

mini, you need to translate those words into an ugly casa accent so the mr above can understand them :^^:

hahahhahaha lalla ur so funny but i swear ive never heard these :

1. Manni 7aqbeeD
  2. Rani dayeb bil 5a6ar hateni ou nasaber (i think thats what is being said blink )
  3. Lkhur

the 2nd one it may be a Rai song loolll
the 3rd one , i dont know if u mean Lkhir or Lakhor or sth else … but im sure Lkhur isnt darija at all :smiley:

So for number 3 you’re assuming that its Lakhour, then just write what you lakhour means… she can probably see if it matches the context

Manni = mnni ? (from me)

7a9deeb = can it have something to do with 9deb ? (to lie)

Rani dayeb = I’m dayeb ?

bil khatar = with/by/in khatar, (ive heard khatar before, but what is it)

lakhour = the other
the feminine is lokhra
and pay attention to the spellin , if u forget the O of lokhra , its gonna be ‘’ lkhra ‘’ which means shit (7achakom )

lol

btw i just saw that khatar means dangerous. if its the same as word above

lol yeah and if the spellin is wrong , and she means khatEr , thats another story

OMG this is soooo confusing!:blink:
ok the second sentence is form a Morrocan song, the one I gave the link to in my previous post, and I’ve written what I’ve heard which is probably wrong :blink:

as for Lokhar it could be that, so thanks :okay:
and as for Maani, I spelt it wrong, its not supposed to have double “n”
e.g Maani za3fen= I’m not upset
and the sentence Maani 7aqbeeD (if its that!) is also part of the song, the end of the chorus, so if you could listen to the song and translate the parts I’ve listed, that would be great!

Shukran bzaaaaaaaaf! :smiley:

LMAO!! Would if I could but how can you tell an accent from writings?? LOL haha It’s definitely Moroccan, but I have no idea about the accent! lol

1 - funny spelling
2 - different vowel usage (ex: e instead of a, like some people say “wellah” rather than “wallah” or “wollah”)
3 - spot a madrid supporter (they’re always weird, same as their accents) :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

hahaha LOL better keep that in mind when writing next time and to try write in a Moroccan accent LOL

hahahhaha listen girls , maani isnt darija at all , it is used in the east of morocco in the region of oujda … and this was taken from algerian dialect … so i repeat , if ur listenin to a RAI song thats so normal that they use a lot of algerian words even if the singer is 100% moroccan
and yeah , i can tell by the spellin if the accent is moroccan or not :smiley:
an ex :

• sa7a , enta mani chayfek men 9bel ? ( algerian )
  • nta machi fayt cheftk mn 9bel ? ( darija )

oh ok interesting! yeah its a Rai song ( I think) and sung by a Moroccan but who is using an Algerian word…cool lol And as for your example does it mean: have I seen you before? or I haven’t seen you from before (??)

Muchas gracias khoya :smiley:

yeah right mini :slight_smile: