SALAAM W MAR7BA W SALUT W HELLOOO A TOUS!
okayyy, so for my french oral exam at the end of this year, we have to talk about a controversial topic, and it doesn’t have to do with france (last year it did, and i did coluche, but i digress.)
SO, i have picked my topic, and inchallah it is RAP :hap:
being more specific, it’s rap in relation to racism, social class, intolerance, ignorance… and everything else (so much for specific LOL)
so i need to collect arguments FOR and AGAINST rap (as we have a “debate”, me and the teacher, and it gets voice recorded, and i have to prepare her arguments, too, so i kinda need both sides)
so i was wondering if you guys had any views, that you might want to share them here? just to give ideas!
to get you started, here’s a few mixed points:
- rap has created sub-cultures in society, it has caused segregation, like the “gangsters” and the different gangs etc etc
- rap encourages violence, with the lyrics and the music videos
- the music videos are also seen to degrade women etc
- rap is noisy and loud and just aggressive, it is not what we want our children to grow up in (seriously, i know my arguments aren’t great; i’ve just put ANYTHING i can find together!)
- rap reaches out to the youth of today in the manner of today
- rap/slam encourages teens to think outside the box, and empathise with others’ emotions etc (mc solaar in mind, amongst others)
- rap (especially french rap) educates youth on important issues (eg immigration and identity; this is where i want to bring the north afircan artists of france. i know it doesn’t HAVE to be to do with france, but this is my main reason for choosing it. it’s something i’m passionate about so i’d love to have the opportunity to go deeper into it, AND get grades out of that :hap: lol!)
so, do you agree? disagree? anything else to say??
it would be interesting to hear your views, anyway, and for my oral too