Bid w Maticha (eggs and tomato) - PB recipe

The other day, on some thread here on the forum, we talked about bid w maticha recipes. I usually use natural tomatoes that I would fry, plus garlic, persil, all the spices and add eggs. It turned out that PaperBird uses canned tomatoes instead… sooooo yesterday night, I was hungry, and wanted to make bid w maticha. I thought, let’s be crazy and try the canned tomato bid w maticha recipe…
So I mixed up eggs with canned tomatoes… my canned tomatoes were a little bit too liquid by the way. Anyways, I added salt and black pepper and garlic. Too bad I didn’t have any persil, but I added some other herbs by the end.
After heating some olive oil, I added the mixture, and let me tell you, the outcome was not bad at all…

I wanted to take a picture or two for you, but was too lazy for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Try it out peeps, it’s easy and fast… and if you do, drop a line here, or even a picture of two :okay:

yummmy, i’m starving right now, mum hasn’t come home yet :frowning:

hehehe DL may i say you carck me up :^^: though you didn’t follow the exact recipe. i see that u didn’t have all required things…but i’m glad it wasn’t bad…

here, if any wanna try :mdr: but we need pics plz, i’ll do my best to take a pic next time i make it. in fact i had it this friday but didn’t occur to me.

[quote=Paperbird]Mahmoody Eggs & Tomatoes for 2 persons :
1 - u put some canned tomatos sauce in the ma9la (with some water)
2 - u add some olive oil, & the spices (salt, cumin, red pepper & hot pepper )
3 - u light the cooker, & leave the magic sauce for fire. (& cover the ma9la with sth)
4 - meanwhile…u break 3 eggs, u twist them.
5 - u cut some Mortadella (optional) into small squares, & add it to the eggs.
6 - u bring some olive (cut into small circles) & add it too.
7 - the sauce (or the “lava”) should be ready after 10min, & u add the egg.

• for the safety of your cloths (especially if you’re wearing white), lessen the fire before adding the eggs to the “lava”.
    8 - keep watching, & it should be done in 1 minute. meanwhile, check with a fork to make sure the egg in the core is well cooked.

9 - bring a khobza & bssa7a :^^:

PS: did u smell sth ? ;)[/quote]

lol. im gonna assume u meant u were waiting for mama to come home so you could all sit down to dinner that YOU made for her and got the table all ready and everything???

lol. im gonna assume u meant u were waiting for mama to come home so you could all sit down to dinner that YOU made for her and got the table all ready and everything???[/quote]
kasoola , doesn’t know how to cook :rofl:

lol. im gonna assume u meant u were waiting for mama to come home so you could all sit down to dinner that YOU made for her and got the table all ready and everything???[/quote]
haaaa of course of course :unsure:

:unsure:

I’m not as skilled in the kitchen as i am in other areas… :hap:

:unsure:[/quote]
Kasoola:

• literally = lazy
  • in school = bad student
  • generaly = someone who doesn’t know (or doesn’t know how to do) about certain things.

hhhhh your explanations are equivalent to DL’s dictionary-like ones sa7aaaa :slight_smile:

[quote]Kasoola:

• literally = lazy
  • generaly = someone who doesn’t know (or doesn’t know how to do) about certain things.[/quote]
    This means that if I ll use it, referring to moroccan one, he would understand me according the situation or what ?

[quote=Touta][quote]Kasoola:

• literally = lazy
  • generaly = someone who doesn’t know (or doesn’t know how to do) about certain things.[/quote]
    This means that if I ll use it, referring to moroccan one, he would understand me according the situation or what ?[/quote]
    That’s what should normally happen.

loool I hope then…

Thank you :wink:

what areas are those??

[quote=Touta]loool I hope then…

Thank you ;)[/quote]
But remember if you’re talking about a guy: kasool, girl kasoola

what areas are those??[/quote]
good question, when i discover those areas i’ll let you know :smiley:

We make this alot with canned tomatoes but only very high quality brands and we add a little cilantro. We usually start it off by cooking off some of the extra liquid that is in the canned varities. Also since we both work and take out food is terrible we cook twice as much “lava” as we are planning to eat so we can freeze for later. You can then just take it out, heat it up and add eggs. “yummy”

just had some bid w maticha for breakfast mmmm mmmmm bsa7ti

matisha for breakfast :huh: ?!!!
weeeeellll …bsa7tek

iwaaa what’s wrong with that :stuck_out_tongue:

the tomatoes were special :wink:

nothing wrong in fact, but only if it’s a raw matisha…not cooked 3la ssba7 !! <— that’s like eating mar9a or sth for breakfast.

of course it was cooked maticha

Are u used to eat cooked food in the morning ?