Back to basics: LOVE

I was wondering if there’s any other sweet words to say I love you beside tanbghik, for some reason it sounds little bit weird and not affectionate. maybe it’s just me but i always wondered why there’s not many words to express love in Moroccan darija, is it lack of expression or just our parents never did an effort to say I LOVE YOU. i understand from a male standing point that saying i love you to a woman might seems feminine.
please help all what i want to say is: I love you :slight_smile:

ps: sorry i might posted my post in the wrong forum and i can’t delete it and post it ion the appropriate one.

I share the same feeling. Kanbghik/tanbghik doesn’t inspire any affection for me. It’s rather a Rai verb :D. Seriously, I hear that only in Rai songs. In the occident, you’d tell your kids “I love you” when you take them to bed, and you get a “I love you too” back, you’d say that on the phone too, etc. In our culture, you rarely express your affection by words. I never told my mom or dad “kanbghik” for instance… It would feel odd. So yes, you’re right. I personally believe that there isn’t any other powerful expression because it’s not part of the way our parents and grandparents were raised.

But for your information, another songy expression is: kanmôt 3lîk = I love you to death, I’d die for you, …

PS: Topic removed. No worries, it’s my job to put topics back in the right forum.

SM, is kanbghik used for plural or can it also be used when saying it to only one person ?

I would say it is only used for one person, because it has a you (sg.) ending.

yeah ur right actually, but coz im new with all this, i still wanna make sure :slight_smile:

thx nuwwara

Nuwwara got it right.
So it’s: kanbghîkom for the plural.

Your welcome MPMO.

What’s MPMO?

Safi, I figured out.

Safi?

lol sorry for the bombardment of questions SM :smiley: but it’s life ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

In this case if you guys share the same feeling about the love word in darija, is there a room to improve the Moroccan feelings expression methods/words? can we just invent a new word that actually reflect the love and passion something mimi? expl: Tanmimik, Tanmimikom? lol instead of Tanbghik which sounds cheesy and empty of love.
Tanmout alik doesn’t refelct the exact verb: love that exists in any otherkanguage: I die for you, je meurs pour toi… :slight_smile:
Tanmimimi <- I love myself lol

looooool tanmimimi just sounds funny!

kan nmout 3lik
kan 7mak 3lik
kan 7ebbek
kan nbghik

lol, yes it’s sounds funny but cuter :slight_smile:
“Mature Love: Tanbghik hit Tanmimik”

goMorocco, why are u making life more complicated for yourself when you could just say tanbghik, i love you, je t’adore, seni seviyorum, ich liebe dich and loooooots more :smiley:

ya but tanmimik doesnt exist in darija

@MPMO
It’s je t’aime in French

I know it doesn’t exist… but my point was is there a room to create new words in darija? like any other language they progress with the new trends etc…
I don’t say i love you that much anyway i just do it…

nuwwara yes i know but je t’adore is the more stronger version… and GoMorocco wants something strong, thats why i used it…