advice in mixed relationships...

Hi everybody i got some questions,

I’m dating this really sweet Moroccan now, but of course I’m just a European girl, who’s a Christian, how doesn’t know much about Islam or the culture…
I just fell in love with the person, and yeah it happened to be a Moroccan… ?

Now my question is, do any of you guys, who are in a similar situation, have any advice for me.
What are things I need to consider ? What are things a shouldn’t do or should ??
How do I respond on him family, which is very important for him, and a truly respect that.

Just some issues culture related, or mixed cultures, religion related…

Anything that you think can help me to let this relationship work, of course it depends on the people in it, and you can’t force people to love you, but I don’t want to make any mistakes that I could have prevented…

It is very important for him that his eventual life partner is a moslima, I know that, he told me, and he also said he doesn’t want to hurt me because of it, but I really want to give it a chance, a good chance before I decide what I want to do with this. I’m not the person that would say, “ no way Jose ! “ maybe if I learn more and I can find myself in his religion too. ?
Maybe I should mention I was also married before and I have a daughter out of that marriage who’s 3, it can maybe help you overlook my situation, I know it doesn’t make it easier…

So if you can give me some advice or have good ideas, don’t hesitate to let me know.
I love this guy, and I’m not planning on losing him because of something we can solve ?

Hi!

We’ve had some ladies who were/are in the same situation, but most of them are not active anymore.
Maybe the Moroccan members around can introduce you to the Moroccan culture and Islamic religion.

First thing you might want to know, you should not be a Muslim in order for a Muslim man to be able to marry you. The only condition is that you believe in God, and since you are Christian, you most probably do. But your boyfriend has the right to prefer to marry a Muslim girl to avoid any clashes that might happen in the future, while raisin the kids. As you can imagine, that’s not easy with parents having different religions.

thank you Bnita,

i know that i don’t have to be a muslim for the book, but i do for him, it is very important for him. But i’m reading about is, and maybe who knows, it’s just i have a little girl out of my marriage, how’s that gonna go if our other kids will be muslims and get brought up in that religion… Why does it need to be so difficult, and is love never enough :cry:, and my parents i think they would die if they would know i would concider becoming muslim…