A transaltion Please!

Hello,
I need a quick translation. This was sent to me on an email from Morocco (from someone who does not speak the language, so it might not mean anything? -Can people write English using the Arabic alphabet?)

??? ?? ? ??? ?? ??? ???
? ??? ??? ??? ?? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Many thanks!

You mean someone who doesn’t speak Moroccan Arabic sent you this message? It doesn’t mean anything indeed, but it seems like your friend was stuck with an Arabic keyboard, and kept typing in English but the outcome was all in Arabic. It happens sometimes with Arabic speakers to forget switching to the English keyboard, and what they mean to be an English word, comes out in Arabic letters not meaning anything. I hope this explanation is not confusing. See, we don’t write English with Arabic alphabet, it’s completely ridiculous.

I tried to switch to the Arabic keyboard, and type some of the words in your message to see what English letters were initially meant to be typed, and the outcome didn’t make much sense.

Hahaha, Awesome.
I’ll assume he didn’t know that you couldn’t use the Arabic alphabet to type English! You live, you learn.

Thank you for trying, especially with the re-typing of it! Very much appreciated.

:slight_smile:

I’ll be surprised if he is in Morocco and really didn’t know about that. Can you ask him? I am curious too…

Eh, interesting! We have the “you live, you learn” proverb in Darija. It’s: 3îsh nhâr, tsm3 khbâr.