A couple of questions :)

1. Can “it is” be translated? If i’m saying it is expensive would I say: howa ghaali? Confused. :yuck:

2. When forming negative sentences, where does the negative go? As close to the verb as possible? Again, very confused. :roll:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1. we actually say “this is” not “it is”, so it would be “hada ghali/hadi ghalya” instead of how/hiya…"

2. i didn’t understand ur question, what do u exactley mean when asking where the negative goes ?!

Negation of Adjectives and Nouns:

i am b[/b] big ------ rani b[/b] kbir(a) <------- with adjectives and nouns

Verbs:

i ate ---- klit

i b[/b] eat -------- maklitch <--------- with verbs, the negators are “ma” and “ch” where “ma” is placed before the verb and “ch” is after

fhemti? (did you understand?)
wla (or)
mafhemtich? (you didn’t understand?)

lalla ur so good!

we can also say ana makbirch

yak only for darija can we find wrapped nounal negation like this? i know they dont do it egyptian :no: and someone told me only in darija :smiley:

lol ive never noticed that hhhhhh

tell me something u DO notice.

and don’t even start with the personal insults

:roll:

i smell some of it again

[quote=LallaAïcha]tell me something u DO notice.

and don’t even start with the personal insults[/quote]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u know what i notice lol bla mangolha en plein public

i smell some of it again[/quote]
ur post took me back 2 the old school days when SM had really crazy detailed responses with examples and little cultural sidenotes and stuff

sorry i guess i was bein 2 nice ill remember that next time :neu::neu::neu:

no no say it, u have no shame anyway wejhek 9asse7 bgd

post above was to mad

i smell some of it again[/quote]
ur post took me back 2 the old school days when SM had really crazy detailed responses with examples and little cultural sidenotes and stuff

sorry i guess i was bein 2 nice ill remember that next time :neu::neu::neu:[/quote]
k its cool. we all miss her yak, she had the awesomest explanations and i loved her long a’s and i’s with the hats :smiley:

lalla : machi 9sse7 mn dialk :smiley:

zedti fih bzaaf