3rf learning struggle

I recently learned about the verb ‘To know’, I was studying the verb, in past future and present tense.

Kan3rf
Kat3rf
Etc.

Ghadi n3rf
Ghadi t3rf
Etc.

3rft
3rfti
Etc.

And I asked my wife “how do I say, I know how to speak darija” in Darija just to confirm if it was what I thought “kan3rf keef m3a hdr Darija”, she said something completely different, and j forgot most of it, but I think she said, “3rft (something something) Darija”, and I also saw on the speak Moroccan website, a few words and phrases that are translated to Darija, and ‘I know’ is ‘3rft’. And I asked how that was possible, if that’s the past tense, she didn’t give a clear answer (that’s why I’m here).

My question is, how come I’m told it’s wrong in what I said, and the correct version is the past tense, and how come he negative has 2 choices, ma n3rf, and ma3raftsh. Which one is correct? And how is the one I said in the present tense not correct, none of it makes sense, and are there other verbs like this? If so I’d like to know so I can be prepared, because this is the only verb so far I’ve had to deal with this confusion.

Helppp​:smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

for the term “ma n3rf” it’s more like vague on the subject that you don’t know about // whilst the term “ma3raftch” is more specific to not knowing … and ana niit ma3arfch chno tari fe had darija