3 mins about maghreb

salaaaam guys and girls

now in a week’s time I need to do an oral presentation about morocco, which has a duration of 3 mins… do you guys have any idea on what I can take with me as a gest? like what i mean is, we talk talk talk and then show some stuff to the examiners, sort of like show and tell… I don’t know what I should take with me to the day + do you guys have any interesting topics that i can discuss? any ideas, small or big are welcome :smiley:

barakallahu fikom

u can talk about morocco as a *** tourism destination :smiley:
and u can easily find stuffs to show to d examiners :stuck_out_tongue:

:unsure:

Parle bien ou parle pas. tell me something normal to talk about

lol ok ok ok
speak about the amazigh culture in morocco and how it survived many centuries ( u c its dull , *** is better :stuck_out_tongue: )

Oh!!! I like it!!! Let me enjoy a little bit…

It depends on what you are studiyng and the interest focus they have and you have. I would center my discussion in only one topic. I would choose the linguistic situation in Morocco, 'cause I think you like this topic (you are here, yek?). I would do the next scheme:

1 - Introduction to Morocco. Generalities, most centerd in the history: 1 minute maximum. Don’t begin: “Morocco is a country in west…” They all know that, you loosed half minute)

2 - The situation in Morocco.
- Languages used in Morocco. When, how, who, where, why:

- Arabic (uses, fonts, teaching -school, medersas, mosquees, alfabetisation, mass-medias
            - Darija (uses, learning in family, media, publications, movements of reivindication...)
            - Tamazigh (uses, situation, some politichs, link to a culture and an ethnia)
            - French (uses, situation, teaching, history,...)
            - Spanish (history, diference influences in darija by regions...)
            - English 

- Diferent levels of darija:
            - The street level - To live, to buy, family...
            - The "cult" darija - Television, polithics, wannabe...
            - The "french" darija - Wannabe, social high classes...
            - Darija in literature
                       - Poetry
                                 - Classic
                                 - Contemporain
                       - Music
                                 - From poetry to music --> Before
                                 - From music to poetry --> Now

3 - Conclusion

[Big applauses, Aicha bows to the public, picks up a flower that have been thrown and feels the glory]

If you decide to do that topic, be careful, pick up only one or two points to develop, and you can’t take with you some examples with a CD player or texts (diapos).

loool ouazz amazing …
but i dont agree with :
[Big applauses, Aicha bows to the public, picks up a flower that have been thrown and feels the glory]

she’s gonna get tomatos :stuck_out_tongue:

aaaaaa great idea(s). i’ll talk about the amazigh culture a bit, reflecting on how Morocco is not JUST an arabic speaking country and that it is a colourful large community. Also, I don’t think i can take in any cd’s or music, it has to be something visual, i’ll probably print a picture of an amazigh or something and laminate it. yayyy

more ideas are STILL very welcome :slight_smile: the more the better

THANKS guys

btw Ouazz i appreciate your long and SERIOUS response… bless!

Pleasure :slight_smile:

Yeah, Ouazzani has given some great ideas. I have nothing actually except a small comment:

only pictures? I mean what about a visual presentation with musical background, esp if you’re going to talk about different cultures, and probably each one has its own musical melodies that differentiate it from the others. It can be more vital…:unsure:
or even a short one at the intro for example, no need for the whole 3 mins…

Good luck anyway sis :slight_smile:

lol for amazigh music u can choose rwicha ( aka FARID L ATLAS lol ), tachinwit , ti7i7it …

Gretch i can’t put up slides or music, i can only take things with me like items to show, pictures, clothing etc. i’m thinking of going with a kaftan, because i heard some pppl are also going to be dressed as khalijis :smiley:

omg thats soo cool hehe :ok:
is this to do with ur education, ya3ni counting towards ur degree or some culture awareness day? lol :^^:
Yeah u can talk loooooooads about Morocco, its full of culture that u’d need 3months to talk about it not 3 mins lol or maybe even longer hehe :hap:

yeah Aisha, good idea about wearing kaftan. You reminded me of the Moroccan Djellaba, if you can find similar one where you live and wear it, it would be cool…

oh man i really want one of those!! i cant find them anywhere! :cry:

ok ok here we go … who wants moroccan jelabas :stuck_out_tongue: ??? laghla 3la mskine … and we can ship it tal bab darek … yalah chkon b7alk

ps- LA if ur gonna talk about amazigh culture … pay attention , the jelaba or caftan are moroccan , i mean its not amazighi

[quote=Madridista]ok ok here we go … who wants moroccan jelabas :stuck_out_tongue: ??? laghla 3la mskine … and we can ship it tal bab darek … yalah chkon b7alk

ps- LA if ur gonna talk about amazigh culture … pay attention , the jelaba or caftan are moroccan , i mean its not amazighi[/quote]
stretches arm out oh oh me!! :clap:
but sumin tells me they’re gonna be xpensive sa7? lol :roll:

[quote=mini91][quote=Madridista]ok ok here we go … who wants moroccan jelabas :stuck_out_tongue: ??? laghla 3la mskine … and we can ship it tal bab darek … yalah chkon b7alk

ps- LA if ur gonna talk about amazigh culture … pay attention , the jelaba or caftan are moroccan , i mean its not amazighi[/quote]
stretches arm out oh oh me!! :clap:
but sumin tells me they’re gonna be xpensive sa7? lol :roll:[/quote]
looolll duuuuude u know traditional things are always expensive … but dont worry u’ll get a discount for bein SM membre

I have something like a djellaba but i can’t wear that in public lol, and the weather is tooo hot for that, i’ll be sweating from being nervous anyway… I have a kaftan sort of dress that i’m planning to wear… also, I think i’ll be printing pics out, eg, the big mosque in casa, the gardens in kech and some other interesting stuff that i find…

any more suggestions are still welcome, right now i’m just thinking of how to structure my talk… i’ll be starting real soon nchallah