Oh!!! I like it!!! Let me enjoy a little bit…
It depends on what you are studiyng and the interest focus they have and you have. I would center my discussion in only one topic. I would choose the linguistic situation in Morocco, 'cause I think you like this topic (you are here, yek?). I would do the next scheme:
1 - Introduction to Morocco. Generalities, most centerd in the history: 1 minute maximum. Don’t begin: “Morocco is a country in west…” They all know that, you loosed half minute)
2 - The situation in Morocco.
- Languages used in Morocco. When, how, who, where, why:
- Arabic (uses, fonts, teaching -school, medersas, mosquees, alfabetisation, mass-medias
- Darija (uses, learning in family, media, publications, movements of reivindication...)
- Tamazigh (uses, situation, some politichs, link to a culture and an ethnia)
- French (uses, situation, teaching, history,...)
- Spanish (history, diference influences in darija by regions...)
- Diferent levels of darija:
- The street level - To live, to buy, family...
- The "cult" darija - Television, polithics, wannabe...
- The "french" darija - Wannabe, social high classes...
- Darija in literature
- From poetry to music --> Before
- From music to poetry --> Now
3 - Conclusion
[Big applauses, Aicha bows to the public, picks up a flower that have been thrown and feels the glory]
If you decide to do that topic, be careful, pick up only one or two points to develop, and you can’t take with you some examples with a CD player or texts (diapos).